Menu

Nicer t-shirts?

ktgrok

I have some t-shirts from Target that are a few seasons old, that I love. I think they were actually called "nicer" in the description, but maybe not. The fabric isn't super thin, the neckline is nice, and they just look nicer/less causal than what they sell this year. Does anyone know where I could find something similar? I'd like something to wear with jeans that looks like I'm a real grown up when I go to say, the dentist with the kids, but that doesn't look dressy or like work out gear. 

LL Bean for classic, long-lasting but maybe a wee bit frumpy tees. I really like the boatneck style. Looks pulled together even though it's still just a t-shirt.

LOFT for more on-trend looks that are a little fancier than plain tees but still good for wearing out and about.

I think the key is finding the right neck cut (crew or boat neck for me and my tiny tatas, but V may work for you), right overall cut (sleeve length; hem straight across vs high-low), right color family (jewel tones, pastel, bright, neutral), and right fabric (drapey/thin vs more structured/thick). Also, some detail is good but don't go crazy with cut outs, embroidery, patterns. Be prepared to return online orders as quality control can vary a lot with tees

JC Penney's "St Johns Bay" brand works pretty well for me. They'd be better if they had a bit of spandex in them to help keep their shape.  To me that's the key to a nicer t-shirt - spandex so they don't get baggy/wrinkly.

• Like 1