Menu

I received good news from Amazon.

Pegasus

At least, the email from them said it was good news. They have a delivery date for a book I ordered. Somewhere between May 15 and July 27.  How is that a delivery date?  They may as well have said, yeah, we just don't know when we will get this book back in stock so we are pulling some random dates out of thin air.  

I only ordered the book because I had $10 promotional credit on my account that was going to expire. I do want to read it but at least I don't need it by any deadline.  

• Like 1

I'm in the US.

with third party sellers - sometimes they aren't sure when they'll get something, so they give *very* broad  estimates.   . . . people tend to be "really angry" if they have an estimate of three weeks - and it takes three months.  but people are "pleasantly surprised" if they have an estimate of three months, and it only takes three weeks.

I ordered some crockery - and was given almost eight weeks as a minimum delivery estimate . . . . .

I had it in less than two weeks.

That happened to me once with a book my dh wanted. It was like gardenmom5 says--they weren't sure when they'd get it back in stock. I'd get updates every few weeks--Do you still want this book? If yes, then the new estimated dates are (insert crazy range of dates here). I think it took about 6 months before they finally responded with--We can't get this book and need to cancel your order. What I learned: You actually can't get anything/everything from Amazon. :laugh:

• Like 1

That happened to me once with a book my dh wanted. It was like gardenmom5 says--they weren't sure when they'd get it back in stock. I'd get updates every few weeks--Do you still want this book? If yes, then the new estimated dates are (insert crazy range of dates here). I think it took about 6 months before they finally responded with--We can't get this book and need to cancel your order. What I learned: You actually can't get anything/everything from Amazon. :laugh:

This happened to me, too. I think they thought they could get it on the cheap. There were really expensive used versions out there, but nothing in the range of what they sold it to me for. It took almost 8 months before they admitted defeat. . . And I still had to find the book.

• Like 1