Menu

Amazon trade in?

Hilltopmom

Used it? Like it?

Worth it, in your opinion?

Share your experiences:)

I usually just donate stuff, but am de cluttering shelves & have some that are worth $5 each.

I hate bothering to list & sell & ship on HS curriculum sites. And our local used sale never has much of a turnout.

• Like 1

I'm currently irritated with them.  I had a Teacher's Manual they suggested I trade in (for about $65).  I entered the ISBN on the back of the book and they accepted it.  I mailed it in (it was an odd size, so a PITA to box up).  Then they rejected it because it was a "teacher's manual".  The item title & description stated it was a TM, and the ISBN is for the TM and it matched the ISBN on my copy!

Yeah, irritated.

I'm currently irritated with them.  I had a Teacher's Manual they suggested I trade in (for about $65).  I entered the ISBN on the back of the book and they accepted it.  I mailed it in (it was an odd size, so a PITA to box up).  Then they rejected it because it was a "teacher's manual".  The item title & description stated it was a TM, and the ISBN is for the TM and it matched the ISBN on my copy!

Yeah, irritated.

Were you able to call and get it resolved? Their customer service is usually really good but I have never attempted a trade in.

Were you able to call and get it resolved? Their customer service is usually really good but I have never attempted a trade in.

I contacted them but they were unusually unhelpful.  They did return the book, and I double checked the ISBN when I got it back and it did match.

I have traded in other items successfully, and I don't hear of glitches often.

• Like 1

Also check out bookscouter.com if you want to get actual money for your books and not just credit. Bookscouter will list a bunch of different buy back companies and what they will buy it back for. Each company has different buy back rules so before picking one make sure you've read their rules. I really only look on bookscouter when it is a textbook because there are usually better buy back prices for textbooks,especially college ones, from non Amazon companies

Is what you are describing trading in a book or allowing amazon to sell for you?

Trading in a book. I didn't want to bother with trying to list it.

I don't have enough books at one time to set it up so that they keep my storefront and ship. Not worth it.

• Like 1

Amazon trade in is great! They pay shipping, you have to drop off at a UPS store or maybe schedule a pick-up. You can ship all books in the same box. They are prompt about crediting your account.

I'm currently going to mail five books to them, but they sent a mailing label for each book. I assumed I had to mail them separately. How did you send them in one box?