Menu

Nissan Maxima, anyone have one, first teen car....

Prairie~Phlox

Ok, so far we've driven Toyota Avalons (2 total) 1 Camry, an Accord, Nissan Sentra and a 2000 Maxima.  We loved the Maxima the best, maybe it's the space and the feel.  We did not buy it, I thought it was a decent price, dh tried to get them to take quite a bit less than the lowest they said they would go.  (It was a small used dealer lot)  Anyway, we'll see what happens in the long run.  We're not in a huge hurry, but my daughter starts back to work this week and my 16 year old may be starting a new job as well.  Taxi mom will start back up on 1 vehicle making everything work.  :mellow:

Nissan is by far our favorite make of car. We've had a 2 Sentras, 2 Maximas, and a Quest over the years.  The Quest had some issues as did most of them over a couple years in the 90's but otherwise they're great. 

I would love to have the 88 Maxima back, I loved that car but I loaned it to my middle sister who pretty much destroyed it within a couple months.

Dh drives a 2000 Nissan Maxima.  It's still kicking and has been a great car.  We brought our 14 year old twins home from the hospital in that car and I fully expect that it will be the first car they will learn to drive.  Recently, we've had some repairs here and there, but nothing that would make us get rid of it.  I used to drive it to home health car visits and it was great for winter driving, especially.      

Thanks everyone, the lot said they had it at $2600, but would probably do $2100, dh offered $1500 & they said the lowest was $2000. Dh offered $1700 & we left before waiting on a response, it was windy & cold. I was kind of annoyed in dh, they money is not an issue. However, some of the other cars we test drove, 2000 Accord, 2000 Camry, & another Nissan, they were all crap & had serious issues, so it makes me hestitant about the Maxima. I just don't know how well I can trust this place. Please be praying for us in our search.

Edited by Prairie~Phlox

The Maxima is a really nice car. My only hesitation with a teen driver would be - it's got a lot of "get up and go" to it. If I remember correctly, it has a bigger engine than the Sentra and Altima. I had some friends when I was in my early 20's and they loved the Maxima because of the ability to drive like a speed demon everywhere. So I'd worry about the potential for speeding tickets.