Menu

Dr. Hive - an extremity that is very cold and/or numb

PrincessMommy

I woke up this morning with some odd stuff going on with my feet.    When I woke up the arch on my left foot was in terrible pain.  It's as if I had some kind of injury, but when I went to bed everything was fine.  I have not injured it at all.  But, it hurts really badly.   Just before lunch as I was sitting as I normally do in front of my computer I noticed that my right food was freezing cold.   So my left food was normal temp, but in pain and my right food felt like ice.  I rubbed it and tried to warm it up.  Now, several hours later and I've taken the dog for a walk, driven around, had my voice lesson, cooked dinner... basically been up and down.  My right foot feels a little numb and it's still freezing cold (my arch still hurts too, but not as much).  It's not as cold to the touch, but it has that freezing sensation.

What the heck is going on??? 

Edited by PrincessMommy

How is your pulse in that foot/leg compared to the other (check as many pulse points as you can find)? That is one thing they do to check for clots.

I have had a pinched nerve in my toe. It wasn't painful at all, including while it was being pinched (which is why I didn't know it was being pinched). Just numb. It takes about one week per inch of nerve to regenerate. My toe came back eventually, but it will get cold or sizzly sensations at times when the rest of my toes and feet feel just fine. 

How is your pulse in that foot/leg compared to the other (check as many pulse points as you can find)? That is one thing they do to check for clots.

I have had a pinched nerve in my toe. It wasn't painful at all, including while it was being pinched (which is why I didn't know it was being pinched). Just numb. It takes about one week per inch of nerve to regenerate. My toe came back eventually, but it will get cold or sizzly sensations at times when the rest of my toes and feet feel just fine. 

pulse is the same in both feet... only slightly  slower in the non-numb foot.

Do you know how you pinched it?  How was it diagnosed?

Is it a different color at all?  Does it feel cold to your hand when you touch it with your hand?  Or just feels cold on the inside?  Do you have any medical problems?  Take any medications?  (PM me with the answer if you'd rather).  This is potentially serious.  

It looks the same.  It doesn't feel any colder than my other foot.  It just has that cold sensation.  I have Hashitmotos and take meds for that only.

I have this problem and I have a podiatry appointment to see if it's mortons neuroma

if you are willing can you update after your appt.?  I'd be curious to see what your dr. says.

Mine went away today... or it hasn't been bothering me today.  My arch was a little sore this morning, but it's also fine now too.  Hopefully, it will never come back again.

Edited by PrincessMommy