Menu

Things to do Near Omni Hotel Atlanta

Heatherwith4

The kids and I will be going with DH on a work trip to Atlanta later this month.  We are staying at the Omni Hotel for two nights.  I will have the kids on my own for a couple hours each both days.  I'd like suggestions for kid-friendly restaurants and things to do within walking distance of the hotel.  TIA!

I took my kids to Atlanta solely to visit the aquarium. It was great. We stayed in the aquarium about 7 hours. We did the short behind the scenes tour (I think it was 45 minutes) and everythingelse. ds stayed at the touch tanks a loooonnnngg time. Whale sharks are really cool. I love looking at fish so many people probably wouldn't spend as many hours, I'd think 4 hours for a lot of people. 

World of Coke is fun too. 

• Like 1

I took my kids to Atlanta solely to visit the aquarium. It was great. We stayed in the aquarium about 7 hours. We did the short behind the scenes tour (I think it was 45 minutes) and everythingelse. ds stayed at the touch tanks a loooonnnngg time. Whale sharks are really cool. I love looking at fish so many people probably wouldn't spend as many hours, I'd think 4 hours for a lot of people. 

World of Coke is fun too. 

I could stand there and watch the belugas all day long.  <3

http://www.citypass.com/atlanta

I can't see the ages of your kids on my phone...

CNN Center tour

Children's Museum has just been renovated and is supposed to be very nice

I don't prefer the aquarium, but it's popular. (Eat before or after--the food is a huge ripoff!)

There may be a performance of some kind or sporting event at the Dome or Phillips Arena

College Football Hall of Fame

Civil Rights Museum

World of Coke

Restaurants...

There's a food court at the CNN center with mall-type food court restaurants.

Fresh To Order is decent. They have free kids meals one night a week, but I have no idea which night it would be for that location. Salads and sandwiches, quick service. You place your order and pay, and they bring it to the table, which may be easier if you're wrangling little ones.

Ted's Montana Grill has burgers as well as salads and steak. It's a local chain started by Ted Turner known for bison from his ranch in Montana or somewhere. The bison burgers are really good. Onion rings and lemonade are tasty too. Nicer than a Chili's but not too much more expensive. Usually good service. I believe that's the flagship location with Ted's office on the top floor. You definitely could take kids there for dinner, though it may be more of an adult crowd. They have Wiki Stix and kids' menus and high chairs. It's not a tourist trap like some of the other sit-down places around there.

The places already mentioned are walking distance: centennial park (there is a playground), cnn center (there is a minimum age I think), children's museum (your kids may be old for this), aquarium, world of Coke.

You could see what's playing at the fox theater.

I like the varsity, but I'm not sure i'd call it walking distance, 1.3 miles. It has greasy burgers, dogs, onions rings, and orange Julius.