Menu

Well, it is red.

I didn't mean for it to be this red though. My hair, of course. I went from very blond to a noticeable red. I was trying for a strawberry blond. I think I picked up the wrong box.

The good news is that it is close to natural again. I used to be able to say I'm an Irish red-head with the temper to match. :lol: I guess I can again.

I'm jealous. I've been trying to go from naturally medium blond to red for years. My hair just won't seem to hold the color for more than a week. Even when I get it done at the salon. It always goes back to its natural color except for a slight orange hue in certain light. Oh well, enjoy the fun of a new hair color. It's always fun to have a change from the ordinary. I usually use it as an excuse to pick up a new outfit :)

I didn't mean for it to be this red though. My hair, of course. I went from very blond to a noticeable red. I was trying for a strawberry blond. I think I picked up the wrong box.

The good news is that it is close to natural again. I used to be able to say I'm an Irish red-head with the temper to match. :lol: I guess I can again.

OR, you could call yourself a "rep"-head! :D

Yes, yes -- we need pics please!

A few years ago I was trying to just -- well I don't know what I was trying to do. But my dark brown hair has a bit of a red cast to it anyway, so I was looking for kind of a dark auburn -- and ended up with purple! It was a very pretty shade of purple -- for a twenty year old! The upside was it was really only obvious in the sun -- and it was a temporary color. So I just had to stay inside for about two months. :lol:

What's even more funny is that your desired color is my despised color of record. ; ) My hair used to be brighter red when I was younger, and thankfully it's not so wild now, but it's this indiscriminate reddish/light brown color that's hard to categorize. I. Hate. It.

But it's also very thin and fine (and getting thinner all the time), so I have never colored it for fear it would be too damaged. I guess I'll wait until I need a wig before I change my color (don't laugh--my grandmother's hair got so thin she had to wear one, and I think I'm on the same path).

And this is the color you're trying for? "Inconceivable!" (quote from Princess Bride, there) But I hope yours fades into the color you want! And without the thin/fine part!

That - or shampoo every hour :lol:

Yup, that too. Between the damage from the hair color and all the shampooing, I also lost about eight inches of hair -- it was just dead. :lol:

Well, I did it too. I don't think I have ever been this much of a brunette before... I think I like it...

If you "think" you like it, it's probably fabulous! :)