Menu

Anyone wear Athleta yoga pants?

Tap

I ordered dd and myself some workout pants from Athleta.  Ouch! The price! Do you feel that the quality justifies the price?  Do they last a long time?  Any washing tips?  With tax, 4 pair of Yoga pants (2 for her, 2 for me) came to almost $350 ($89/pair w/10% off code).

There wasn't anything on clearance that fit what we wanted, so they were almost full price.  She tried hers on in the store, but we had to place a special order to get the longer lenghs. The store is in a mall that is 40 minutes away, so we don't go there frequently.   I was only shopping for her, so I didn't try any on. Once I got home, I ordered myself 2 pair online too.  I only want one pair and will return one. I ordered 2 different styles and don't know which will fit better.  She will wear hers at least a few times a week for working out and she often wears them to school (instead of tights) or around the house. She will keep the 2 pair we ordered. Mine will just be for working out/walking, and then I will take them off, so in theory they should last a bit longer.  

She has a very hard to fit body and they fit her like a second skin.  That is why I am willing to pay the extra, but ouch, they are expensive!

I looooove them! Especially the Metro pants. I wear them for working out, but also all day. :)

Yeah, they are expensive, but no more so than a decent pair of jeans. I have a card I earn points with to use there, so that helps offset. We don't have a shop locally so I gave to take my chances online. Now that I know I have to order petite sizing I'm much happier.

I just wash them normally but I only air dry them (except the pair I didn't order in petite).

I have a Gap card. I own a lot of products from Gap, ON, Athleta, Banana Republic.

I do not believe the price is justified by the quality, which is to say, they do not last twice as long and are not twice as good as, say, Target pants.

However, I usually buy their products with my credit card rewards on clearance, and I do feel that they are higher quality than average. Just not 2 - 3 times as good.

You can also get a discount by opening the card, so if you're in the market for a new credit card, I think Gap does their Visa well and handles rewards well. That's all I can say about that... I doubt I'd shop there if it weren't for the great rewards and the fact that it fits my body type.

I resisted Athleta for a long time but finally gave in and they are awesome. I've had them 6+ months and wear them to the gym 4 times a week. I only have the one pair, and they still look brand new. Not stretched out, not faded. Beautiful.  Dh bought me a pair of Nike yoga pants at the same time and I haven't even taken the tags off of them yet- I love the Athleta ones that much.