Menu

LSSU banished words list :)

MomtoCandJ

So, may I join the conversation? As a stakeholder, I find these lists to be especially problematic. So, the problem becomes how do we walk it back?  Well, there's also the potential problematic situation that could occur should everyone else join the conversation:  We might break the internet!

• Like 5

I am so glad to not be alone in the so hate.

But I'd take "vape" off the list.  It's not jargon, it's not a tired overused expression, it's an actual verb-- right? Is there another word for vape?   I don't know anyone who does it, but when I visit my parents in rural WV, vaping shops are everywhere.

I am so glad to not be alone in the so hate.

But I'd take "vape" off the list.  It's not jargon, it's not a tired overused expression, it's an actual verb-- right? Is there another word for vape?   I don't know anyone who does it, but when I visit my parents in rural WV, vaping shops are everywhere.

It's short for vaporizing, I think, I would say "vape" is slangy.

• Like 1

Stakeholder, problematic, and conversation I totally agree with.  Problematic is usually stupid - people could just say "a problem."  And conversation I find if in many cases passive agressive.

Some of the others I haven't heard as much, but it seems like they are used more in particular types of environments.

"Manspreading" would only need to be used once for it to be too often.

They didn't include my most hated though, which is "on the ground,"  mostly used by journalists and people who want to sound like they know about military stuff.

• Like 1