Menu

Christmas eve.....and no power

Ottakee

We are having record setting weather here in West Michigan....yesterday was 60. We have had lots of rain and them last night 60mph winds. Well, at 1am we lost power as trees are coming down in the power lines.

So far no estimates of when it will be fixed as we are just one of many areas with no power.

Thankfully we have a generator so dh set that up at 1am. I have a gas stove so we can use that. I can use my crock pots but no washing machines, dryers, dishwasher or microwave until we get power back. Just thankful that it isn't so bitter cold for those without heat....although it is down to 28 now.

:grouphug:   Oh my! We've had high winds and t-storms here but thankfully still have power. Our big worry is flooding. We've had so much rain the ground is just too wet.

Ah--I see your power is back on. Yay! I hope it stays on so you can get on with your plans.

I hope our don't go out at all but if it must, please wait for all my battery operated electronics to charge (phone, laptop, mifi hotspot and kindle)

This made me laugh. We were without power for 2 days once and managed fine with no lights and stove (used single gas camping stove) and even dealt with the freezer issues (filled it with purchased ice) but we had to take long drives each day to charge all the electronics. Luckily for us it was fine weather so perfectly safe to do that.