Menu

Exercise Thread December 13-19

Kim in Appalachia

I didn't get to run on Saturday (my dd was sick so I had to take her car for maintenance) and I didn't get to practice yoga Sunday (my dh slept all afternoon, which is the room I do yoga in)

Anyway, today I ran on the treadmill, thanks to the pouring rain. I tried to have fun with it, doing various intervals to keep it interesting.  It's so much harder to run on that thing.   

• Like 1

I didn't get to run on Saturday (my dd was sick so I had to take her car for maintenance) and I didn't get to practice yoga Sunday (my dh slept all afternoon, which is the room I do yoga in)

Anyway, today I ran on the treadmill, thanks to the pouring rain. I tried to have fun with it, doing various intervals to keep it interesting.  It's so much harder to run on that thing.   

I agree- much harder for me to not psych myself out when on the treadmill.

Sunday I got a 4 mile walk in the hills of Co Springs before spending the rest of the day in airports.  The air there is so clear and crisp.

Monday- a nice cobweb clearing 2.5 mile run this a.m.  Tonight I have work/play at MMA for 5+ hours.

• Like 2

Popping in to say that I can't wait to get back to a real exercise schedule, but I did go for a 1.5 mile family walk yesterday. I have my six-week postpartum checkup on December 30, so I'm hoping to get started on PT to fix my sad separated abs the first week in January. I can't wait to start running again but I'm afraid that if I start before my abs are in better shape I'll make things worse. I'll just read everyone else's more intense exercise posts with a little feeling of jealousy until then :-)

• Like 3

Yoga day.  I did an hour of Astanga half primary.  It felt good.  I'm going to walk 1.5 miles when I take my son to piano.

Anne, you'll get there.  Enjoy that baby!  It always took me 6 week before I felt human again, a few months before I even thought about exercise.  That's great that you're thinking about exercise already  :)

• Like 3

Ran 4 miles this morning.  Normally, I've been trying to run 5 on Wednesday's, but I had a dentist appointment scheduled so cut it to 4 miles.  Got home, rushed through a shower, then quickly heated up some oatmeal.  It was then I saw the message light blinking.  The appointment had to be rescheduled because the dentist is sick.  Kind of bummed, I would have ran longer.  Anyway, it was a good run.  I really pushed it because of how tight on time I was. :)  My legs were still so cold.

So this morning I was looking on Athleta at their Polartec power stretch tight.  I think it's similar to Sugoi's SubZero tights.  (I have $55 in coupons for Athleta, so I would like to order from there).  But Athleta's black tights are on back order till the end of Feb (for my size).  I could get blue (Sapphire) but I'm unsure.  I'm afraid of what blue tights will look like after a run. Will it look like I've wet myself?? :D  I know, a bit silly, but black is very forgiving.  I know if it's that cold I won't sweat that much, but still.  I can't decide.  

• Like 1

Ran 4 miles this morning.  Normally, I've been trying to run 5 on Wednesday's, but I had a dentist appointment scheduled so cut it to 4 miles.  Got home, rushed through a shower, then quickly heated up some oatmeal.  It was then I saw the message light blinking.  The appointment had to be rescheduled because the dentist is sick.  Kind of bummed, I would have ran longer.  Anyway, it was a good run.  I really pushed it because of how tight on time I was. :)  My legs were still so cold.

So this morning I was looking on Athleta at their Polartec power stretch tight.  I think it's similar to Sugoi's SubZero tights.  (I have $55 in coupons for Athleta, so I would like to order from there).  But Athleta's black tights are on back order till the end of Feb (for my size).  I could get blue (Sapphire) but I'm unsure.  I'm afraid of what blue tights will look like after a run. Will it look like I've wet myself?? :D  I know, a bit silly, but black is very forgiving.  I know if it's that cold I won't sweat that much, but still.  I can't decide.  

i can't imagine that blue would show sweat more than black.  I have gray lulumon tights that don't show sweat.  

Yesterday's schedule was interrupted by my 8 yo stomach virus.  I'm just hoping it stays confined to him.   Tonight I work/play at MMA for my shift:)

I hope to get a run in or some yoga for bjj before hand but it's looking unlikely as I still need to get Christmas shopping done. 

• Like 3

I couldn't take it anymore and I did my Denise Austin prenatal DVD. I tried the postnatal ab recovery part of the video, but I had to give up on that because the exercises were not good for someone with a separation. I did do the cardio portion because it's pretty gentle and that's the last real workout I did before baby boy was born. I felt a little slow, but generally good.

Kim, I'd be hesitant about the blue pants unless they were very dark. But then, I sweat a lot, so I only wear black workout bottoms.

• Like 4

Well, I'll find out about the pants.  My dh talked me into getting them. :)  i wish I already had them since tomorrow will be below 30.  I think I will run on the dreadmill/treadmill. 

Today was 90 minutes of Yoga primary.  It felt so good.  I've been spending the afternoon making cookies, so I've also been eating cookies.  Not good, the cookies are (they are a cherry almond cookie) but I shouldn't eat this much junk.  :tongue_smilie:

• Like 3

Got 4 miles in on my treadmill, then spent a long time stretching.  Today is my youngest son's Christmas piano recital, and when we say good-bye to his teacher.  She moving and we'll be trying out a new teacher in January.  I'm in a melancholy mood.  This is a very small area.  It's hard to lose a good teacher and friend.   

• Like 3

Catching up I ran Wednesday and Thursday. I skipped Friday because TMI Alert I had such a heavy period I was afraid to be gone for more than 45 minutes. I did a long run this morning. I wore my cuddle duds under UA. The wind was wicked and it was about 9 degrees with the wind chill. I had to break out the lined mittens and balaclava. The run was good though. My 8 yo has come down with the stomach virus today so whether I run tomorrow depends on how many times I'm awake tonight.

• Like 1

Catching up I ran Wednesday and Thursday. I skipped Friday because TMI Alert I had such a heavy period I was afraid to be gone for more than 45 minutes. I did a long run this morning. I wore my cuddle duds under UA. The wind was wicked and it was about 9 degrees with the wind chill. I had to break out the lined mittens and balaclava. The run was good though. My 8 yo has come down with the stomach virus today so whether I run tomorrow depends on how many times I'm awake tonight.

I didn't mean to "like" that you have a stomach bug in the house.  My 8 yo had it last week- it was short lived and didn't spread further- I hope your house is well now!