Menu

amazon vent - need hugs UPDATE:

gardenmom5

this is still ongoing in trying to resolve this - but it has been incredibly frustrating and upsetting. 

I ordered two large frames for 2dd - that's what they want for christmas.  I clicked on the frames I wanted - and the picture changed when placed in my cart.  all other information remained the same.  I assumed the picture in the cart was wrong - apparently it was the picture I clicked on to place my order that is wrong.  so, I go two large frames that aren't what I ordered.  however, when everything goes be a pretty generic description (and the item number changes according to size and backing - so I couldn't just go look at a different one.)  - it's really hard to know until you actually see it.

I've done lots of returns before.  this was a "wrong item" return - so I assumed they'd automatically pay the return shipping.  nope.  I'm supposed to pay for it.  well, it's an odd size, not heavy, just big - 'cause they're frames.  ups wanted $175 PER BOX to return them.  that's more than they cost.  then I noticed that if they'd paid, they'd deduct $10 from my refund - so, I contacted them again that I wanted to go that route - and that I'm upset I am having to pay return shipping after recieving the wrong item.  they have been good about contacting me, even if they're slow on the uptake.  amazon has sent me a standard email wanting to know if my return has been handled satisfactorialy.  (not yet - but they seem to be trying to understand.  so, I haven't replied to amazon.  yet.)

I don't have time for this.  at least I ordered their Christmas gifts in NOVEMBER and didn't wait until December.  as dh said - first world problems - but upsetting nonetheless.

UPDATE:  my most recent e-mail from the vendor is they will send me the correct frames - and I can keep, sell, trash, or donate the wrong ones.  I dont' have to send them back.

since it's thanksgiving next week - I doubt I"ll see them until the following week.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 13

What's the link to what you ordered?  If the description is incorrect, that's not exactly a "wrong item" issue.

that consisted of an item number (which varied according to size, frame and backing); and a general description including width, general color  and as far as I could tell, could easily fit the item I wanted.  I clicked the picture of the frame/backing/size I wanted.  that isn't what I received - so, yes, it *is* a wrong item becasue they had the wrong item # attached to the picture of the frame I wanted.  (unlike the 1st christmas ornament I ordered from another vendor - which SAID it was a wedding cake - but the picture was a house. and when it arrived - it was a wedding cake.   they liked theirs so much, they've ordered four more, single, cakes from the gal who made their big one.  I expect another one on sunday for dsil's bd. 2dd said she'd take care of the cake.)

It just took a fair amount of back and forth before the vendor understood what I was saying.

Edited by gardenmom5

To me "wrong item" means you received something you didn't order.  It seemed your situation was a wrong ad.  But, never, ever, ever trust the picture.  Always, always, always read the description very carefully, especially when it sounds like it is from a third party vendor rather than Amazon (as it sounds like it is in this case).  Those just aren't always right.

I'll never buy anything from any "third party" vendor on Amazon again. I ordered a blood ketone monitor, and I was sent an obviously USED device, which wasn't working! The vendor gave me the run-around and tried a million different ways of avoiding giving me a refund - even going so far as to refuse to accept the shipment went I sent it back to them (at my own expense, of course). Only when I told Amazon that I was going to my bank to dispute the credit card charge did I finally get my money back. (Two months after buying the device!)

The thing is, this seller had numerous complaints and negative reviews, which I obviously should have read BEFORE placing my order. But why does Amazon allow people like that to keep selling through their site?

• Like 1

To me "wrong item" means you received something you didn't order.  It seemed your situation was a wrong ad.  But, never, ever, ever trust the picture.  Always, always, always read the description very carefully, especially when it sounds like it is from a third party vendor rather than Amazon (as it sounds like it is in this case).  Those just aren't always right.

okay - description.   "item #.  ornate frame, antique gold.  3 1/2 inches wide, glass, acid free foamcore."

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91jXSN7coQL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91nshw6iJ%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

tell me, oh so wise one, which is which?

and once the vendor understood the problem, they were great and have already shipped out the replacements with a delivery date of next friday.  (with UPS tracking.)

Edited by gardenmom5

I have had hit or miss luck ordering from third parties via Amazon.  Some vendors bend over backwards to fix any problem, others take an "eh" attitude and expect me to pay return shipping. :-( 

I try to only buy direct from Amazon now...except for used books, in which case I go with the vendor with the highest rating from the most buyers.

First of all, you don't need to be rude.

Second, that's just an image, not an Amazon ad page.  There's no way to know what the ad page says unless I actually see it.

that was the description.  that was the picture.  you don't need to be rude by continually insisting you'd be able to tell from the description what the item was. 

I gave you as much information as I had.

I have had hit or miss luck ordering from third parties via Amazon.  Some vendors bend over backwards to fix any problem, others take an "eh" attitude and expect me to pay return shipping. :-( 

I try to only buy direct from Amazon now...except for used books, in which case I go with the vendor with the highest rating from the most buyers.

the vendor has a good rating.  they seem to be one of those who want to "make-good" on the order.  I have received a ups tracking number for the new frames.

It was just very frustrating while trying to get them to understand what had happened. 

they also have a non-amazon website.

that was the description.  that was the picture.  you don't need to be rude by continually insisting you'd be able to tell from the description what the item was. 

I gave you as much information as I had.

I never said I'd be able to tell from the description what the item was because I've never seen the page you hit "add to cart" from.  That's what I'm asking for.  You have absolutely not given me as much information as you had.  You were looking at a page you could buy the item from.  That's all I'm asking for is a link to that to see where the confusion is.  Like I said, it sounds like the item page, with the information provided by the third-party seller, was what was wrong.  I'm not sure why you are so insistent on not providing a link to the page from which you added the frames to your cart to buy them.  Or why you are so upset that I'm trying to help you see where the problem was.

I'll never buy anything from any "third party" vendor on Amazon again. I ordered a blood ketone monitor, and I was sent an obviously USED device, which wasn't working! The vendor gave me the run-around and tried a million different ways of avoiding giving me a refund - even going so far as to refuse to accept the shipment went I sent it back to them (at my own expense, of course). Only when I told Amazon that I was going to my bank to dispute the credit card charge did I finally get my money back. (Two months after buying the device!)

The thing is, this seller had numerous complaints and negative reviews, which I obviously should have read BEFORE placing my order. But why does Amazon allow people like that to keep selling through their site?

Yeah I probably have had the least amount of luck with the third party vendors.  Then again, at least every time I had a good resolution.

I'm surprised you had such a difficult time OP.

• Like 1

Yeah I probably have had the least amount of luck with the third party vendors.  Then again, at least every time I had a good resolution.

I'm surprised you had such a difficult time OP.

the biggest difficulty was with getting the vendor to understand what the problem was. it took a number of back and forth e-mails with amazon as a go between. (amazon changes the customer e-mail address for privacy, and it adds lag time.)  bad links on their website.  once they understood - they were good.  so, hopefully, the correct frames will arrive.   I've generally had good luck with amazon, even with 3rd party sellers. (I usually look at reviews.) and then ups said it was $175 postage - per item. (oversized/awkward box) . . . . it pushed me over the edge.  and probably why the vendor said I could keep them. I still need to get them out of my car.

this came to a head on thursday - and I've been doing sennin-shiatsu on thursday am, and while it has been helping my leg, it takes alot out of me.  (and I barely got any rest afterwards.)

I never said I'd be able to tell from the description what the item was because I've never seen the page you hit "add to cart" from.  That's what I'm asking for.  You have absolutely not given me as much information as you had.  You were looking at a page you could buy the item from.  That's all I'm asking for is a link to that to see where the confusion is.  Like I said, it sounds like the item page, with the information provided by the third-party seller, was what was wrong.  I'm not sure why you are so insistent on not providing a link to the page from which you added the frames to your cart to buy them.  Or why you are so upset that I'm trying to help you see where the problem was.

This is the kind of help no one wants. :p

Seriously, with the pictures and description provided, I understand perfect how it was confusing and I'm happy that the vendor was willing to make good on the problem. 

• Like 4