Menu

Easy "cheater" lasagna

Ottakee

I went to Aldi yesterday to buy groceries and they didnt' have lasagna noodles so I went with some spiral noodles instead.  I made a super easy cheater lasagna tonight.....that likely many of you already make.

Mix

16 oz. spiral noodles, cooked

1 15 oz (easily could use more) ricotta cheese

1 egg

Put some spaghetti sauce to lightly cover a 9 x 13 pan (I used homemade from our freezer so no idea really how much--just a typical lasagna amount).  Then top with 1/2 of the noodle/egg/ricotta mix.  Cover that with another layer of sauce and about 6 oz of shredded moz. cheese.  Add the rest of the noodles, more sauce and another 4-6 oz. of cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

So, it is basically all of your lasagna ingredients just using the spiral noodles.  It goes together so much quicker and is easier to serve than traditional lasagna.

• Like 2

I make something similar that I came up with through a little trial and error.

8 oz ziti or mostaccioli

1 cup sour cream

1 cup ricotta

1 cup shredded mozzerella

1 egg

1/4 cup parmesan

I mix the above and top with 1/2 to 3/4 lb ground beef in tomato sauce with fresh garlic.  Then 1 cup shredded mozzarella on top of the meat sauce.