Menu

How long did your DC play with a play kitchen?

medawyn

We don't actually have a play kitchen, too cheap and protective of space. But we have a bin of play food, cooking utensils, dishes. My almost 7 year old still plays with it, as well as the young ones. Play food gets played with nearly every day. They will feed animals, pack picnic lunches, go "live in the woods" with some food, etc.

We might not be typical in that we are a food loving family. I really like to cook and bake, and we all think about food often. So any pretend play might include meals. ;) IKEA is a great source for play food.

Steven and I built our kitchen set when our oldest two dd were 5 and 2.  It has seen pretty constant use for the last fifteen years and currently is being used by 8dd and 10dd.  They use it as a kitchen, hospital kitchen, and restaurant.  Even 12ds and 15ds have been known to stop in for a cup of tea at the restaurant.  We made it out of heavy wood, so this will be here for the grandchildren.

• Like 2

It was a favorite toy for about four years. We bought this one, and it was totally worth it for the play value. KidKraft quickly sends free replacement parts whenever they're needed.

Oh, no way! I didn't know that! Ours is ten years old and has been moved once. It is a bit beaten up. The sink basin went missing, and the plastic over the oven door got broken. I am going to contact KidKraft to see if replacing them is possible.

Oh, no way! I didn't know that! Ours is ten years old and has been moved once. It is a bit beaten up. The sink basin went missing, and the plastic over the oven door got broken. I am going to contact KidKraft to see if replacing them is possible.

They make it super easy. Just go to their website and click on "request parts." You'll then find your kitchen using the product number or browsing that category of toy. When you find it, you'll click on "order parts" and be shown a parts map like this. Click on the parts you want, enter your address, and you'll receive them free.  :)

ETA: Just be aware that there is often more than one model of a particular kitchen.

• Like 1