Menu

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue

It's 11:32 and after breakfast, getting "set up", beginning math (which in itself takes forever!), a "much need"ed snack, my son is only finished with one subject!!!!!!!!!

Ack! It is almost like his entire being is in slow motion - he ate 8 pieces of pizza last night and came home from a function and said he was very hungry.

This am, had oatmeal and oj at 9 and needed a snack at 11.

Tell me it's hormonal and please tell me it ends.

Yes, it's hormonal.

Yes, it ends.

And no, you are not the only Mom with this issue. Come over to my house some morning if you want evidence that you are not alone!

In the meantime, here is a hug :grouphug:

I feel your pain -- my 15yo is doing about 1/2 his work each day.....at least he is feeling badly about it!

While you are waiting for your son to grow up, have another cup of coffee and find a good book!

He WILL get his act together. And some day in the distant future you will laugh about this frustrating day with him! :)

Of course it will end....give it about 6 years !:lol:

But . . . it does seem to improve every year. And it's generally two steps up, one (giant) step back. :tongue_smilie: One minute you are proud as a peacock, the next . . . shaking your head murmuring, "What were you thinking?!"

Hugs and chocolate,

Lisa

Yah, what they said!

It's like when they are little and literally growing overnight--the teen machine is a hungry, tired and wired one by turns. Lots of exercise during the day, no screens at night, plenty of protein and complex carbs, and sleep--

It does get better, around 16-17, in my experience.

....and say that he'd been working on his schoolwork the ENTIRE day (said with the eye-rolling, affected voice that only an overworked slave could manufacture).

It was 7pm and he'd spent the entire day doing about 1.5 hours of work and "hadn't taken a single break".

I tried not to split a seam laughing. No, dear, you didn't take a single break. You took about a million breaks, like, after reading each sentence in biology, after finding each work in the dictionary for vocabulary, between writing each number in algebra, etc.

In his defense, I outlined his "day of work" from my perspective and he was COMPLETE oblivious that he'd taken endless breaks. He didn't see them as breaks at all. Go figure! Sometimes they are so smart and sometimes............

My soon to be 15 yr old is making me crazy on a daily basis. I mean, he seems to have taken two steps forward last year with writing and now one huge step backward. AND it seems to be bothering only me.

He sleeps alot and eats alot, but he swims USA swimming from 4:30 to 7:00 everyday except Sunday. He gets about 1/2 to 3/4 of his work done on any given day, and he is somehow barely keeping up with his violin/orchestra. He is always behind with something, and it is always English/literature/writing. I told him this week we were not doing history, because he is ahead with it but nothing else. Twice this week I have walked in his room and caught him with that huge 20th century history book open.

His best friend's mom was crazy last year (her son grew about 7 inches), but the friend seems on track this year and my son seems clueless. He says things sometimes that are just stupid. I keep praying it is hormones and things will get better, but in the mean time, I am trying to get him ready to take the PSAT. Well, I suppose that I will have to wait it out. He is such a good boy though, and he still wants to sit during lunch and listen to his younger sisters history read a-louds! That does give me a warm feeling inside!

ReneeR