Menu

A DE story for the day...

DD has her first rough draft due for her English Comp class on Sunday.  As we are still getting the feel of this whole, assignments for others, I had her go in and talk to her teacher today just to make sure she was on track with her rough rough draft.  She was given some really good feedback on areas she could combine and others that she should expand on.  As I figured, her teacher really has no clue that DD is a high school sophomore.  She asked her what her major was and DD replied that she was thinking of an English major.  Then her teacher suggested that she apply for a job in the writing center when she is a sophomore.  I kindly pointed out that would be in four years.  I don't know if she actually caught on to what I was saying.

Anyways, DD was thoroughly excited in yesterday's class because they were doing some practice editing of an intentionally horrid paper.  She had pretty much made all the corrections for half the paper before the teacher had to tell her to let the other kids speak.  After a few minutes of crickets in the room, she let DD finish it off.  Today she told her that she had been a little too much Hermonine Grainger yesterday, but she loved her enthusiasm.  Totally a reference that DD can appreciate.  I just love that she loves some part of school and that all those years of studying grammar has paid off.

• Like 20

DD has her first rough draft due for her English Comp class on Sunday.  As we are still getting the feel of this whole, assignments for others, I had her go in and talk to her teacher today just to make sure she was on track with her rough rough draft.  She was given some really good feedback on areas she could combine and others that she should expand on.  As I figured, her teacher really has no clue that DD is a high school sophomore.  She asked her what her major was and DD replied that she was thinking of an English major.  Then her teacher suggested that she apply for a job in the writing center when she is a sophomore.  I kindly pointed out that would be in four years.  I don't know if she actually caught on to what I was saying.

Anyways, DD was thoroughly excited in yesterday's class because they were doing some practice editing of an intentionally horrid paper.  She had pretty much made all the corrections for half the paper before the teacher had to tell her to let the other kids speak.  After a few minutes of crickets in the room, she let DD finish it off.  Today she told her that she had been a little too much Hermonine Grainger yesterday, but she loved her enthusiasm.  Totally a reference that DD can appreciate.  I just love that she loves some part of school and that all those years of studying grammar has paid off.

My dd started working in the writing center at her CC at the end of her sophomore year in high school. There is probably no rule against it; here you just need to be enrolled for at least one course. I don't think most of the students she works with have any idea she is a high school student. :) It might be a great job for your dd.

• Like 1

My dd started working in the writing center at her CC at the end of her sophomore year in high school. There is probably no rule against it; here you just need to be enrolled for at least one course. I don't think most of the students she works with have any idea she is a high school student. :) It might be a great job for your dd.

That's a great idea. We will look into it next year after she turns 16. Momma can't deal with additional taxi service duties right now.

My dd started working in the writing center at her CC at the end of her sophomore year in high school. There is probably no rule against it; here you just need to be enrolled for at least one course. I don't think most of the students she works with have any idea she is a high school student. :) It might be a great job for your dd.

And the prof probably meant sophomore "standing" which is just related to the number of credit hours she has.