Menu

Bible curriculum

Just this last year, DD and I read sections of the Bible together and then filled out SCM's two journals:

It was a really great study and perfectly suitable to being done independently.  I just wanted to do it too. 

This next year, 7th Grade, we will be doing a combo Bible/Chronicles of Narnia Lit study.  We'll be using:

The above may not take all year to complete, so I have What Did Jesus Really Teach ready to begin afterwards and to use in conjunction with the SCM journals referenced above, or to start in 8th Grade. 

• Like 2

The sword studies from The National Bible Bee are awesome. The 1 John was brilliant.

I think this is what we'll do.  Can you tell me how many weeks are in each study? or does it differ for each? I couldn't seem to find that. 

I think in 1 John it was 12 weeks. I think it was 2 weeks per chapter with a week of review in there. The end of chapter reviews were great - I highly recommend copying the review pictures and making posters of them (13x19 color here was $1.19 - so worth it and you'd only need b&w). Each day the kids do a couple verses copywork, too. I loved that!! It was a rich, rich study!!!

• Like 1

I'm still having trouble deciding on Bible for 7th grade.  I'd like it to be primarily independent.  (Positive Action for Christ looked great until I realized it had a really pricey teacher's guide)  

Suggestions?

You can get the TM as a download for $20. Are you referring to The God Man?