Menu

Ideas for Last Day of School

Heatherwith4

We move all the furniture out (of the classroom) and set up a disco ball and have a dance party. 

I like to do a major clearing out of wall space, drawers, and cupboards. I like it sparse in the summer in our classroom, so it feels warm and interesting come fall.

• Like 1

We'll be schooling through the summer, but I think I'll still give DS a free afternoon DD's last week of kindergarten as a fun day. Then when DD is out of school we'll go to the pool since it doesn't open until the public schools are out anyway.

I'm planning to do a fun day on the first day that the public schools are back in session come August, too. I will be celebrating that both kids will be home and I won't have to deal with the 3:00pm school pickup craziness :-)

We used to go to the library and sign up for Summer Reading. The little package they'd give included a coupon for a free Slurpee at 7-11, so we'd go there. I also used to make a Summer List with the kids. They would tell me three or four things they'd want to do during the summer, and I'd write them up on a list and tack it to the fridge. The library had a great program--"prizes" included passes to the children's theatre, so we'd always have that to look forward to.