Menu

Sometimes LIFE STINKS

My mom just let me know that my grandfather is in the hospital. Problem? He's in Florida; I'm in Texas.

I cannot imagine coming up with the money to visit FL. It's beyond my means. WAY beyond.

This just stinks. He has been such a wonderful grandfather. I wish I could be there when he needs family the most.

GRRRRRRRRRR

My mom just let me know that my grandfather is in the hospital. Problem? He's in Florida; I'm in Texas.

I cannot imagine coming up with the money to visit FL. It's beyond my means. WAY beyond.

This just stinks. He has been such a wonderful grandfather. I wish I could be there when he needs family the most.

GRRRRRRRRRR

Aw, I'm sorry about that. Have you looked into the weekend last minute fares some airlines have? I don't know where in TX you are, but here's Continental's page of last minute fares:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/booking/specials/default.aspx

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I want to help you connect, so I'm throwing out brainstorming ideas here.

• Use the website CARING BRIDGE to help you and your family connect?
  • Computer/video hook up?
  • Care package?

Without knowing your circumstances, would it be feasible to pack up the car and make the trip if you could...

Use grocery money for gas?

Live off of a few loaves of bread and a jar of peanut butter?

Refill water jugs and treat yourself\ves to kool-aid for drinks along the way?

Car camp along the way when you need sleep?

Treat the experience as school (or bring simple activities to complete)?

I hope you can find a solution that you are comfortable with, and will not look back later and wonder. My best to you and your family!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I want to help you connect, so I'm throwing out brainstorming ideas here.

• Use the website CARING BRIDGE to help you and your family connect?

• Computer/video hook up?

• Care package?

Without knowing your circumstances, would it be feasible to pack up the car and make the trip if you could...

Use grocery money for gas?

Live off of a few loaves of bread and a jar of peanut butter?

Refill water jugs and treat yourself\ves to kool-aid for drinks along the way?

Car camp along the way when you need sleep?

Treat the experience as school (or bring simple activities to complete)?

I hope you can find a solution that you are comfortable with, and will not look back later and wonder. My best to you and your family!

What she said! Fantastic ideas!

Either way, whether you can make it or not, just let him know how you feel--that will mean more than you know. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Good news....

My grandfather seems to be doing pretty well....dealing with a little depression and weight issues but if he can push through those, his health will get better too.

I talked to him on the phone and he was thrilled to hear from me. Bad news: He gave me homework. He says he always gets pics of my kids but when he gets home in a few days he wants a pic of ME! ACCCKKKK!!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know since you were supportive of my concerns :)

BTW, my grandpa is 78! I don't remember him "growing up" that much. When did that happen?

Good news....

My grandfather seems to be doing pretty well....dealing with a little depression and weight issues but if he can push through those, his health will get better too.

I talked to him on the phone and he was thrilled to hear from me. Bad news: He gave me homework. He says he always gets pics of my kids but when he gets home in a few days he wants a pic of ME! ACCCKKKK!!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know since you were supportive of my concerns :)

BTW, my grandpa is 78! I don't remember him "growing up" that much. When did that happen?

Good news!