Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

My kids have a 9am soccer game.  Who comes up with these ideas??  I sure hope I hear the alarm....

The list:

• Get kids up, fed, and ready for soccer.  [done]
  • Pack horse riding stuff, regular shoes, water bottles ....  [done]
  • Pack computer and stuff for FedEx dropoff.  [done]
  • Kids' soccer game.  [done - we won!]
  • Mail several work and personal packages.  [done]
  • Kids to horse riding.  Work while they ride.  [done]
  • Lunch.  [done]
  • Kids to Natural History Museum.  Last day for Ice Age exhibit, new planetarium show and some other shindig.  [done]
  • Maybe drop in at the art museum since it's next door.  [done]
  • Back home:  give kids list of work to do.  [done]
  • Work until dinner.  [got home at dinner time.]
  • Work in some exercise and reading somehow.
  • Dinner.  [done]
  • Read-aloud.  [done]
  • Laundry.
  • Build bookcase? [nope]
  • Kids to bed.  [done]
  • Summer camp sign-ups.  [done]
  • Work until midnight.
  • Like 1

I'd really like to get the back yard mowed, but it looks like it's going to be raining by the time it's a decent hour to run the mower. And then rain for several hours. 

At least ds's soccer game is likely to get rained out, so I should be able to head to the library to get a bunch of co-op papers graded. We only have one more day of class and then two days of final exams, so I have to get this done! That is really all I will be doing all day.

• Like 1

I have to finish shoveling all the mixed soil from my driveway into the wheelbarrow and then into my raised veggie beds. I think I have just about 10 cubic feet remaining.

Then I will help dh build the screen "walls" for each bed (we're deer- and groundhog-proofing the new garden). Maybe some will be attached to their beds today.

Then I need to drive dd to the theatre for call for warmup. An hour later I need to drive dh to the theatre so he can work backstage for today's first show. And finally I have to be at the theatre an hour after that to set up the meal for the dancers between the two shows.

We will enjoy the second show from the house :D

Luckily the theatre is on campus, literally a five minute drive if I don't have to wait at any traffic lights :lol:

• Like 1

Good Morning...

Our Sophia finally seems to be on the mend.  She slept 8 hours last night and it was straight through!  Happy dance for everyone!! Sleep is a wonderful thing!

Today:

• Deep clean the entire house, air out all rooms and wash everything! 
  • dinner will be leftovers from last night. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 2

I almost had it together today!  Well, except for the fact that I misremembered how to drive to the away soccer field, and I couldn't use GPS or call/text the coach because I forgot to charge my phone last night and it was completely dead.  :P  Luckily I found an old guy at a gas station who knew the place, and we were not officially late.  :P  I also forgot to pack socks for my kids to change into after soccer (for horse riding etc.), but we stopped at a drugstore and bought some.

I asked my sister if she wanted to bring her kids to the museum too.  Usually she has some excuse to say no, but today she did come.  We spent most of the time letting the kids play in the kid-friendly "please touch" rooms while we sat and chatted.  It was nice.

• Like 2