Menu

Daily arithmetic review sheets - what's out there?

AimeeM

We are using Jumpstarts. I purchased and downloaded the ebook from online and now print it weekly. It has place value review, some "math buster" review that rotates. So far we have reviewed fractions, time, addition, subtraction, odd and even, multiplication. It also has grammar, vocabulary, handwriting and brainteasers. I think it has 52 lessons if I remember correctly? I think there is just a math jumpstart review book but I am not 100% certain. I will go look :D

We've enjoyed it.

eta: they do have several options  http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/morning-jumpstarts-math-grade-4-mkt-41294

I borrowed an idea from a board member here and ask DD to do 1-2 pages of CLE - working a year behind grade level of her main (Singapore) math. It is fast for her to do but its a gentle spiral review. Plus the price is right.

Oh. I don't know why I didn't think of that! We use CLE Algebra... and this would be for my bright dyslexic kiddo with working memory issues. I'm concerned that she may forget some of the basic arithmetic functions (namely her sore spots - ratios, percent functions) as we get deeper into Algebra 1. 

I could purchase CLE 7 and throw in a page or so every day.

This one is free. They're meant to be quick. I like that they're on the easy side and cover lots of different things on each page.

https://www.aea267.k12.ia.us/math/resources/daily-routines

I've given the kids the option of one of these or 5 khan academy problems per day. My 3rd grader really likes them and they provide a pretty thorough review in just a couple problems. He complains that the hour hands aren't correct on the clocks though :)