Menu

So what else can I muck up?

Ever have one of those days where things just never seem to get off on the right track and you kind of wonder why you even bothered to get out of bed?

Twice today when trying to teach something to my kids I was wrong. Not a little wrong. A lot wrong. I thought I remembered the material correctly from when I was in school and did not do a detailed prep. I explained things incorrectly then when they got really confused I realized I must be mistaken. Trying to go back, read things in more detail and reteach it got them even more confused. Ugh! Learning is challenging and confusing and exhausting enough as it is without me making it worse.

And I forgot to review with DD for her science material for her online class and she got a 53 on her quiz. Ugh!!!

Then I forgot to send a form one of the kids needed for a class they wanted to take.

Then I got so distracted over trying to help DH pack for a long trip I forgot to take DS to swim club or check Mom's mail like I promised.

I also failed to drop off some stuff we were donating to the homeschool group for a fundraiser garage sale.

Dinner ended up being frozen pizza instead of a real meal but at least they ate.

I know part of the issue is all my congestion makes it hard to think but I feel pretty useless tonight.

I'm so sorry! It's so hard when things go wrong one on top of the other. That being said, given the amount of things that went wrong today, and assuming that other things went right (at least one or two things), you are super busy! You deserve a bit of self-grace and self-care this weekend, and by Monday you'll be rocking again.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Edited to add: 

One thing that you didn't *know* you did right that I have been meaning to mention... We changed DS9 to CLE math based on your reviews of it. O.M.G. it is like the clouds parted and angels started singing the math hymns! DS9 enjoys math and does it willingly. Wow. Wow. Wow. You did that! Thank you!

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about your day. It happens. Usually when you have too many extra balls to juggle. I dont know about you, but some days if one more thing is added, my little house of cards temporarily falls down. Happened today in fact, though with DD2's activity , not school. I felt overextended and guess who locked her only set of keys in the car. Yep. Great that it was a Friday though. Roll on weekend.

• Like 3

Thanks kbutton and mommymonster and silver brook! I know in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of people dealing with a lot worse. I just felt pretty defective, KWIM? Heavy sigh. It will all be better tomorrow I'm sure.

And hey mommymonster I am SOOOO glad CLE helped! That does brighten my day a bit. :) I wish I had had something similar when I was in school. I really needed the repetition, targeted review and small bites.

Best wishes to all...

• Like 1

Hope you feel better. Also i hope i wasn't too flip. You encourage us all. I was trying sort- of-unsuccessfully to write that. I feel for you. That defective feeling will pass soon I hope, and you can see all of the good you accomplished yesterday too.

Hope you feel better. Also i hope i wasn't too flip. You encourage us all. I was trying sort- of-unsuccessfully to write that. I feel for you. That defective feeling will pass soon I hope, and you can see all of the good you accomplished yesterday too.

No you weren't too flip at all! Thanks for the response. As for locking keys in a car, ask me sometime about the week I was trapped in West Texas because I lost mine...:).

OneStep, I was having a lot of these till I started putting EVERYTHING onto my iphone.  I have extensive calendars on it and I put EVERYTHING on there.  The notes, the calendars, everything syncs across devices.  Technology can't give you more sleep or health, but it can help with EF issues.  :)

• Like 1

OneStep, I was having a lot of these till I started putting EVERYTHING onto my iphone.  I have extensive calendars on it and I put EVERYTHING on there.  The notes, the calendars, everything syncs across devices.  Technology can't give you more sleep or health, but it can help with EF issues.   :)

:iagree: Yep, I am a paper and pencil kinda gal but I absolutely have to have some sort of electronic reminders.  I actually have quite a few alarms on my phone and an electronic calendar but several things were last minute changes (like when to drop off garage sale items) and I didn't update the calendar alarm.  The stupid swim alarm DID go off but DH needed my help so I was trying to rush through helping him and forgot again.  By the time I finished I realized it was too late to even try to make it.

I do need to switch to a better electronic calendar, though.  I am using Outlook and it doesn't sync with my phone anymore.

I hope your weekend is relaxing and you feel better soon.  If you were referring to congestion from allergies, I totally get it.  When that happens to me I am in a complete fog!

I have days like that all the time but I attribute it to old age. :wacko:

Take care :grouphug: !

Yeah, wx changed and whatever blew in really knocked me for a loop. My head feels 10 feet thick.  I hate allergies.  :cursing:

And thanks.  You take care, too.  :)

DH is out of town now.  Besides church/Student Council garage sale/buying new bras for DD I am hoping we can lay low this weekend.  :)

Although DS wanted to get ahead in math so we already started next week's lessons today....he's letting me break things up into small chunks, though, so I can sit and stare mindlessly into space in between sessions... :lol: