Menu

21 day fix--my first day on the DIY version

Chris in VA

I made my own containers, and today was able to stick to the "diet." So far, anyway!

I just took dollar store Betty Crocker containers and cut them down, then put stickers on them. I have to wipe them out instead of just chucking into the dishwasher, but I figured, if I could stick to it for the first 21 days, then maybe I'd treat myself to the whole program.

So (because I know you are dying to know....)

Breakfast:

2 eggs, 3/4 c yogurt, 2 corn tortillas, 2t. salsa (made breakfast tortillas and then had the yogurt)

Lunch:

Leftover lamb, veggies (all from our grilled lamb kebobs) and a pear

Snack:

apple, 2 T sunflower seeds

Dinner:

gigantic salad--the veg containers are approx 1 1/4 c--I filled two with romaine, 1 with mushrooms, 1/2 with grape tomatoes. Then I added a couple kalamata olives (chopped), 1/2 c garbanzos, 1/4 c feta, and 2 T Italian dressing.

It was amazing. I did go over a bit on oil today, but not by much at all.

I still have one fruit and 2 proteins left, which I will eat as late dinner at my EfM class around 8:30.

I had 3 c of green (and white) tea, and 3 cups of water so far.

Containers, in case you are interested:

Green (vegs): 1 1/4 cup

Purple (fruit):   1 1/4 cup

Red (protein): 3/4 c

Yellow (carb/starch) 1/2 c

Blue (healthy fat) 1/4 c

Orange (seeds, dressing, oils): 2T

Because I am quite heavy, my calories are between 1800 and 20(somethingsomething, I can't remember).

I get 5 green, 3 purple, 5 red, 4 yellow, 1 blue, 1 orange.

Exercise is a big part--I can't get the dvds yet, so I'm just going to walk to see if I can stick to the eating plan first.

For me, keeping track of food is a good thing. Eventually I'll be able to eyeball it, but measuring is good right now. I so need to eat healthfully.

• Like 7

Ah, I made a mistake in the measurements of the containers.

Purple and Green (Fruits and Veg) are 1 cup each, not 1 1/4.

And Blue (healthy fats) is 1/3, not 1/4.

You also get a teaspoon (or more) of oils.

So far so good for me, though.

I'm down over 4 lbs. Surely some of it is water weight, but I feel so much better. I was just in a rut, drinking diet soda a lot (which irritated my GERD) and eating crap.

Anyway, in case anyone wants to try it, I just thought I'd give the accurate measurements.