• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

ACK.  I want you to know this caused me considerable trauma and panic.  But I checked and I did not forget to add you. Whew!

AAAHHH!  I have hit my quota on likes!  I can't like this post!

I will friend a lot of people tomorrow.  The kids are in bed after being introduced to FireFly (It's educational.  There's math:  "Let's see, 10% of nothing -- let me do the math.  Nothin' from nothin', carry the nothin'...."  There's foreign languages -- Mandarin Chinese, which we actually have in Rosetta Stone!  There's all kinds of cultural references and human interpersonal relationships....)

Now it's time for DH and I to shower from our hot and sweaty day and maybe playact just a little.  Besides, he gets a reward for giving me MORE early Mother's Day presents AND finishing carving a tray for our silverware drawer (out of one solid piece of wood!).  He deserves it!

Night-night!  I'll finish catching up tomorrow!

• Like 1

If anyone is serious about pelvic floor stuff this caught my attention. I will probably buy it in a few months when we're less broke.

There's all kinds of exercisers out there. In some countries (I think France is one), it is common for women to get a type of physical therapy after child birth to help get back in shape. They use...exercisers too. It's covered in their health insurance (both physical therapy and the tools). Or so I read a few years ago.

• Like 1

There's all kinds of exercisers out there. In some countries (I think France is one), it is common for women to get a type of physical therapy after child birth to help get back in shape. They use...exercisers too. It's covered in their health insurance (both physical therapy and the tools). Or so I read a few years ago.

That thing is legitimately intended for kegal fitness. They sell massages too, but that measures your strength and tells you how often you need to use it and such. It seems neat.

• Like 1

That thing is legitimately intended for kegal fitness. They sell massages too, but that measures your strength and tells you how often you need to use it and such. It seems neat.

Yes! That's exactly what I mean. I just don't know what to call that category of exercisers, so I just called them exercisers. 

Yes! That's exactly what I mean. I just don't know what to call that category of exercisers, so I just called them exercisers. 

:smilielol5: I thought that "..." was sarcasm. I'll have to look into that. I didn't know that was a thing and if I can find one for $30 instead of $100 I'm much more likely to get one.

• Like 1

Tell that man to BACK.OFF.  That's my soul sister he's talking about and there's rumor going around that I'm a bit of a gun nut.

Uh oh.  So is he.

• Like 2

There are alarms on the market you can set up with your own voice telling the kids to get up because there is a fire.  These seem to work for some kids who often otherwise sleep through alarms.  Perhaps you could get one for your room and record baby cries into it?  :w00t:

Hey, smart!  But no.  It sounds awful.  Even the peaceful crickets my dh uses for his alarm make me want to throttle someone.

Really, I just don't want to get up.  

• Like 2

I'm quite board and now have an instagram. Was that a mistake?

Well, the spelling, yes.  The Instagram, I haven't succumbed to that yet, so I couldn't fairly say one way or the other.

• Like 3

YAY!  I nominate Renai to be the official curriculum planner of the Ignore-amus-es.  My DD is starting eight grade in the fall, so you have a few months to get it together.  Go!

Hey, so is mine!  Pseudo-classmates!

• Like 1

Stop it.  You are making me make my family think I'm weird. They just don't understand random snorts and guffaws.

Arrgh!  Being out of likes is SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

• Like 2

No! My kids are young and I'm still in the "I love everything about homeschool" phase. Don't take my planning!

You probably don't scroll up after you post. If someone posts while your posting and you don't scroll up you'll miss it. You don't want to miss mine. They're so eloquent.

Arrgh again!

(Every "arrgh" is another like, but one that I wasn't allowed to post as I am over my quota.  Take them in this spirit, please.)

• Like 2

It has been a long time since I read that book. I don't even remember if I read the whole thing. And, at this point, I think I'm too old to care. (about the book, not about friends).

Well then, you should get the audiobook and LISTEN to it.  It is a real experience, let me tell you.

• Like 1

They are all in this thread, too, aren't they?

Hmph.  :sneaky2:

I am, in fact, a renowned and prolific poster on countless substantial threads, the kind that are not being ignored.  Like "How do you store your Legos" and "What do you do with all the laundry and crying babies?"

SWB is begging me to take part in the upcoming WTM Online Conference.  Begging.  

My cutest blog on the block gets more hits than our server can handle.

A book is forthcoming.

And the movie rights have already been sold.

So.there.   :001_tt2:

• Like 3

On another note: RIP - La India Maria

I had never heard of her before your post, but her Wikipedia page looks interesting.  I'll have to try to find some of her shows, hopefully with English subtitles, if need be, for this gringo.

• Like 2

:zombie:   This is as close as I could find.  Ranaiiiiiii.........

lg-biting-lip-emoticon-smiley.png

Arrghety argh argh argh!  (That translates to Likety like like like, because I don't have any more likes left.)

• Like 3

Hmph. :sneaky2:

I am, in fact, a renowned and prolific poster on countless substantial threads, the kind that are not being ignored. Like "How do you store your Legos" and "What do you do with all the laundry and crying babies?"

SWB is begging me to take part in the upcoming WTM Online Conference. Begging.

A book is forthcoming.

So.there. :001_tt2:

Everything you say is a lie, isn't it? Everything. I don't know what to believe anymore.

• Like 3

If anyone is serious about pelvic floor stuff this caught my attention. I will probably buy it in a few months when we're less broke.

Ummm, TMI alert.  DH and I have something that looks just like this in another color, and it is not marketed as a Kegel exerciser.  Nope, not the marketing angle the sellers of ours used at all.

:leaving:

Okay. I realize I've worked a little too much with CC lately, but I have to tell you that it does not have standards for life skills. It is either math or ELA, which are both used in life skills.

Thus, one would write the plan this way:

LotsofLittleDucklings lesson plan for Grade 2 field trip to Dunkin' Donuts:

Math

Operations and Algebraic thinking

CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.OA.B.2
Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies.2 By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.

(Example: If a dozen donuts is $10, and we add mommy's special latte of $5, how much did mommy just spend?)

The above example will also work for: 

Number and Operations in Base Ten

CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.NBT.B.8
Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100-900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100-900.

Geometry

CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.G.A.1
Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.1 Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
(Example: How many angles (or faces) does the donut box have? What shape is that?)

For enrichment, use said donut box and mentioned above and the donuts themselves for the following activities:

CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.G.A.2
Partition a rectangle into rows and columns of same-size squares and count to find the total number of them.

CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.G.A.3
Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.

See? Easy peasy. Do what you want, then slap standards on them. Do the same for the ELA. Works like a charm. Who needs cc-specified curriculum?

:smilielol5:

Reeeally?  Perhaps we need to inform the government that such therapeutic tools need to be included in our insurance, too, then.

I had never heard of her before your post, but her Wikipedia page looks interesting.  I'll have to try to find some of her shows, hopefully with English subtitles, if need be, for this gringo.

The woman is hilarious. I love her. Also, when you really get into the Mexican comedy mood, look up Cantinflas. Cannot. get. enough. between the two of them. I know a lot of Cantinflas movies have subtitles, I don't remember about La India Maria.

Hey, smart!  But no.  It sounds awful.  Even the peaceful crickets my dh uses for his alarm make me want to throttle someone.

Really, I just don't want to get up.  

But we are talking for a FIRE alarm here, not an alarm clock.  Surely you would want to get up for a FIRE?

Shut up. I can be board if I want to.

Well, planely you intend to be, so I won't try to stop you!  Hah!  Nailed another pun!  (And another!)

• Like 2

And yet again, Arrgh!

Arrgh!

Arrghety argh argh argh!  (That translates to Likety like like like, because I don't have any more likes left.)

Everything you say is a lie, isn't it? Everything. I don't know what to believe anymore.

ARGH!

I love the crossed eyes!

between all the arghs and then Slache's comment took the cake. I'm rolling over here. And dh woke up mad, lol!  :lol:

• Like 1

Hmph.  :sneaky2:

I am, in fact, a renowned and prolific poster on countless substantial threads, the kind that are not being ignored.  Like "How do you store your Legos" and "What do you do with all the laundry and crying babies?"

SWB is begging me to take part in the upcoming WTM Online Conference.  Begging.  

A book is forthcoming.

So.there.   :001_tt2:

But your previous post said you only had a few hundred posts, and you have posted here quite a lot (much to our enjoyment and edification!), so I just thought you figured out that this rightly is the best thread of them all and concentrated the distillation of your wisdom here, for best effect.  Are you telling me I was in error?  Oh, horror!

• Like 3

Must be in the air.  We just got home from a wine tasting and there was a man in attendance in full Scottish regalia.  He played the bagpipes and everything.  (He was another guest, not a paid performer.)

Kilts + wine.  Not bad.   All I had was kilts + five children rushing off to a musical performance.

• Like 1

Ick.  Krispy Kremes are just weird. Too heavy, or something? (Though my southern dh loves them.) I've never had a Shipley's.  

I agree with you on the Krispy Kremes.  Something about their texture just isn't right, in my opinion. 

If you get ahold of a good New Orleans-style shop they will have Begniets (spelling?).  So good, so addictive.  I can't have them.  That much sugar will kill me, because I will eat up the shop.

• Like 1

between all the arghs and then Slache's comment took the cake. I'm rolling over here. And dh woke up mad, lol!  :lol:

Argh!  And another Argh on behalf of your DH!

• Like 2

DH just looked up from flossing his teeth while programming, rolled his eyes, and said "Well, I'm glad you have an outlet.  At least, it's better than a rendezvous with the postman."

ARGH!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

DH just looked up from flossing his teeth while programming, rolled his eyes, and said "Well, I'm glad you have an outlet.  At least, it's better than a rendezvous with the postman."

I think we're extra silly tonight because Queen Ellie isn't here to reign us in...

because I don't drink, so haven't had anything. I don't know about the rest of you though...

• Like 2