Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

Green Tea!!

Monday!!!

I hope DD’s fever is gone for good, Susan.

My girls have an orthodontist appointment today. After that we’re going to the AFSA to get some dog supplies and then I guess tomorrow we will start going to some local shelters.

Booya/h!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The Ladies of Grief Book Club was very nice as usual.  For a bunch of old widows, we sure have a lot going on.    

Our book was The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules which I can't say that I recommend simply because it was originally written in Swedish and it seems something was definitely lost in translation in terms of style and humor.  It's just pretty clunky in English.  However, if you are fluent in Swedish you should definitely give it a go.

You should read this one instead.

https://www.amazon.com/100-Year-Old-Man-Climbed-Window-Disappeared/dp/1401324649

The title of the one you listed reminded me of this one and it is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!

Green Tea!!

Tuesday!!

Hot!!☀️☀️🔥🔥☀️☀️🔥🔥🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

It’s 6:30am and the leaf blower of the gardeners is going full bore at the condos in back of us. I am trying to be understanding because it is supposed to be 110 stinking’ degrees today and they have to be working outdoors, so they start early, but… a leaf blower. At 6:30am. In a residential neighborhood.

We will be hitting some local shelters this morning. Hopefully she can find a nice dog without too much trouble. We want a small to mid-sized dog, a year or two old. The cats are going to throw a fit.

• Like 3

well, it’s 112 degrees out.🥵🥵☀️☀️🔥🔥☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥

We found a dog. First one we met. The animal shelter was very nice, but very difficult for the girls (and me)(Baby stood there and sobbed), so I didn’t really want to prolong the process. There was a litter of chihuahua mix pups about 7 weeks old. They were malnourished, but otherwise looked in good health. We met one and decided she was “the One”. Sweet little thing. Black and brown, about the size of our adult cat (not Goldie the chonk, but Lilly). The lady there said she’d probably double in size, so that’s good. Of course she’s not available until Saturday, so we will be there on Saturday when the doors open. We went to PetSmart and got a few more supplies and we’re discussing names on the way home.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

well, it’s 112 degrees out.🥵🥵☀️☀️🔥🔥☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥

We found a dog. First one we met. The animal shelter was very nice, but very difficult for the girls (and me)(Baby stood there and sobbed), so I didn’t really want to prolong the process. There was a litter of chihuahua mix pups about 7 weeks old. They were malnourished, but otherwise looked in good health. We met one and decided she was “the One”. Sweet little thing. Black and brown, about the size of our adult cat (not Goldie the chonk, but Lilly). The lady there said she’d probably double in size, so that’s good. Of course she’s not available until Saturday, so we will be there on Saturday when the doors open. We went to PetSmart and got a few more supplies and we’re discussing names on the way home.

Copy cat! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 73349 said:

We need pictures. For science.

The late-summer rains have arrived, and I'm pretty much over it already.

Ok, so... for some bizarre reason, we didn’t take pictures. I asked DD, “why didn’t we take pictures?” and DD said, “I don’t know. I think we were too ‘in the moment’”.  But now that I think about it, it’s because we thought we were going to take her with us.  We met her in the “meet and greet” room and decided we wanted her, and then we’re checking out and the lady said, “oh, she’s not available until the 27th.” She had misread the paperwork and thought it said the 21st. And then they took pup back. And we didn’t get a picture. Ok, that makes sense now.

I will post pictures when we bring her home.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

We are still in MN.  It's my sister's birthday today.  Yesterday we played dodgeball and pickleball in the house gym and my brother got his basketball hoop installed.  Tonight we are going to a Chicago cover band concert.

I love watching the outdoor kittens play.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning!

2 more days 'til Puppy!

We watched a movie last night (Yesterday) after the concert, so everyone slept late.  Sister-in-law works all day today so I said good-bye to her as we will have to leave for the airport before she gets home.

Nothing really planned for today as far as I know.  Just hanging around.  When the boys are up we might give the new basketball hoop a try.  Should be fairly entertaining, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 2

In TN. Watching my nieces and nephews. It’s exhausting. Got here Friday night and leave this Sunday. 8 days. 

3 yo - I want my mommy and daddy to come home

T - I know buddy. So do I. 

😂😂😂

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

Green Tea!!!

Friday!!

Supposed to have a major cool down this weekend. So glad. The heat has been so hard on everything.

Don’t have any real plans for today. Middle DD is really behind in her summer school classes, so I’m going to have to give her a good push today. Algebra and Biology. Ugh!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ikslo said:

In TN. Watching my nieces and nephews. It’s exhausting. Got here Friday night and leave this Sunday. 8 days. 

3 yo - I want my mommy and daddy to come home

T - I know buddy. So do I. 

😂😂😂

Awww, you’re doing a great job Auntie Ikslo. Just get take out every night and let them stay up late and watch horror movies. It’s all good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Awww, you’re doing a great job Auntie Ikslo. Just get take out every night and let them stay up late and watch horror movies. It’s all good.

Lots of cookies and movies and swimming. We’re getting through. lol 

one just talks…a lot. And the noise level is off the charts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Lots of cookies and movies and swimming. We’re getting through. lol 

one just talks…a lot. And the noise level is off the charts. 

Sorry for laughing. Have you met my kids? 😆 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Sorry for laughing. Have you met my kids? 😆 

I have! The difference is your kids kind of listen. The kids in this house, well…the dogs here listen better than the kids 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I just learned about rain drums! Do y'all know about these?

Here's a short video. It starts with a joke, so you have to ignore the first 10 seconds. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/LVFi3q6xUIQ?si=mdNxrJL9DX8cERpw

i have never heard of those before in my life. They’re pretty cool, but I certainly wouldn’t spend money on them.  Besides, it hardly ever rains here.

• Like 2

Well, I kind of just puttered around today.  Got the kitchen really cleaned up, cleaned off the countertop. Watered plants, both indoor and outdoor. The heat is so hard on outdoor plants. My cucumbers have a nice set on them, but I have to water then 2-3 times a day so the babies don’t shrivel up and die.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Here she is... she doesn't have a name yet, but Penny, Ruby and Hazel are on the short list. She is very sweet.

What are our breed theories? 

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

What are our breed theories? 

The shelter says “chihuahua-mix”. she has the coloring and big ears of pictures of chihuahuas I have seen, so yes, I agree with that. I’m not sure what else she would be mixed with.  She’s very sweet and adores middle DD. She’s totally skin and bones. you can see her ribs, and her hip bones, but otherwise she seems healthy. She doesn’t have any wounds or infections or missing fur patches or anything.  The shelter printout said they were found as a litter of 4 with no mother and were undernourished. I would have loved to take another, but that wouldn’t have been feasible. The puppies are so cute, and they ARE puppies, so I’m sure they won’t have trouble finding them good homes.

• Like 1

Still no name, though. DH calls her “Penny-Hazel” and I just call her “Puppers”. DD has trouble deciding on anything.

I am the one who decided on this puppy. Partly because…. well, I knew what kind of dog we didn’t want - big, aggressive, older - but I wasn’t exactly sure what we wanted. She did fit the bill, but I was thinking, shouldn’t we meet some more?  But, she did seem sweet and DD seemed to like her. She’s a great size to cuddle with on the couch. And sometimes more options aren’t better. Plus, I didn’t want to go through the trauma of another shelter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The shelter says “chihuahua-mix”. she has the coloring and big ears of pictures of chihuahuas I have seen, so yes, I agree with that. I’m not sure what else she would be mixed with.  She’s very sweet and adores middle DD. She’s totally skin and bones. you can see her ribs, and her hip bones, but otherwise she seems healthy. She doesn’t have any wounds or infections or missing fur patches or anything.  The shelter printout said they were found as a litter of 4 with no mother and were undernourished. I would have loved to take another, but that wouldn’t have been feasible. The puppies are so cute, and they ARE puppies, so I’m sure they won’t have trouble finding them good homes.

Dachshund was my first thought. Tally was one of three and we're pretty sure her sisters were destroyed. That was difficult. It took about 3 weeks to fix the skin and bones problem. She's 40 pounds though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Dachshund was my first thought. Tally was one of three and we're pretty sure her sisters were destroyed. That was difficult. It took about 3 weeks to fix the skin and bones problem. She's 40 pounds though. 

Ugh, that makes me want to go back and get another.  The shelter is a hard place to go. I knew it would be awful, and it was. Those poor sweet dogs. But, I keep telling myself…we made a difference for this one. She is already loved and adored, snuggled up on the couch with DD on a soft blanket… so…

• Like 2

Good morning!

It has been a trying couple of days.  Dd15 lost her sense of taste and is now coughing so much so that I'm getting concerned even though Dr. Google says it's normal.  Fever has not returned.  Nevertheless we are going to urgent care when it opens.  There just seem to be a bunch of little things popping up that are giving me anxiety.

I want to mow the lawn unless it starts raining again.

Dd17 and I went to early service and then spotted our new neighbor putzing around in her garden so went over to say hello and give her some jam.

The rain has begun.  Oh well.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Still no name, though. DH calls her “Penny-Hazel” and I just call her “Puppers”. DD has trouble deciding on anything.

I like the Slachey Family's naming tradition - cities in Florida.  Maybe dd has a favorite state with an awesome city name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

oh my….I just looked up dachshunds and yes….totally.  Those little brown marks above the eyes. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ugh, that makes me want to go back and get another.  The shelter is a hard place to go. I knew it would be awful, and it was. Those poor sweet dogs. But, I keep telling myself…we made a difference for this one. She is already loved and adored, snuggled up on the couch with DD on a soft blanket… so…

Nah. Those will get taken. Tally is 6 months old. Our shelter destroys over 100 dogs a day. Everyone lets their dogs run loose here, no one spays or neuters them. It's really sad.

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

oh my….I just looked up dachshunds and yes….totally.  Those little brown marks above the eyes. 

And the shape of the face and ears.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Could there be some beagle in there? 

My first thought, but imma argue no.

35 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

She howls with her nose pointed up like a hound when she's upset.(when middle DD isn't around). She's got long legs, though, kind of like a Doberman, though.

Chihuahua's do that. MINPIN! Babie's guard dog.

• Like 2