Menu

Poll: What gifts have you given you dh for Valentines Day?

My DH is hard to buy for. Some of the gifts we have given him for Valentine's Day in the past are:

Big box of chocolates -- all of his teeth are sweet teeth, and he *loves* Whitman's Samplers. I don't like American chocolate, so this is good for me, too.

A new toothbrush is taped to each package of sweets we buy for him.

Boxer shorts with hearts on them (from the kids, who think they are being funny)

Sport coat

Books -- if I can find any he would like that he didn't already buy for himself.

Subscription to "Scientific American"

Ties -- from the kids, valentine themed waste of money because DH won't wear them.

The best gift he ever got was a milkshake machine.

Homemade fudge using the recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook.

T shirts -- Red Sox only

Racquetball shorts.

Case of racquetballs.

Sports bag with a holder for his racquet on the side.

Little fridge for his office (it holds maybe 3-4 cans of Coke)

Nose hair clipper. Yes. Really.

Manicure kit for guys (Brooks Brothers, way overpriced, he loves it)

Hot lather machine for his shaving cream. Conair.

Framed photo of the kids & dog for his office.

I always make a heart-shaped yellow cake with chocolate frosting, which is DH's all-time favorite dessert. I fix steak & baked potatoes for dinner that night, too. I get him the biggest, mushiest Valentine card for husbands that I can find, because DH likes that sort of thing.

My hubby doesn't care for gifts for valentine's day. We usually will either go out to dinner or order in (depending on the weather.)

Although one year I made up some "coupons" for him...some things like "Good for 1 massage" or "Good for an evening all to yourself", etc. He did like those.

He is not into getting "stuff."

I went to our local scrapbook store and bought some stickers and paper and made him a card type thingy :D

I will try to upload a pic of it(didn't turn out very well, but you get the idea) and explain it... Hope this works

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11793063@N00/2251078592/?edited=1

the picture is the day after our wedding.. in the left corner is the word LOVE, right corner says I'm yours.. the words under the picture are It was love at first sight.. Left corner-be mine, right corner~love birds and then I added little heart brads to it also..

I just need to find a frame for it now :D

I made a similar one for our anniversary last march and dh loved it :)

Well, how about a sexy evening with champagne, and new outfit, and some home-made, edible Body Honey. You can apply this anywhere you want some slightly sticky, sweet kissing. :D Attach a cute label to your Body Butter, with a coupon for one evening of enjoyment, and voila!

Body Butter

1 tsp coconut oil

1/2 tsp raw honey

drop or two of vanilla or almond extract (or other favorite)

Just whip together all the ingredients. Yum!

Well, how about a sexy evening with champagne, and new outfit, and some home-made, edible Body Honey. You can apply this anywhere you want some slightly sticky, sweet kissing. :D Attach a cute label to your Body Butter, with a coupon for one evening of enjoyment, and voila!

Body Butter

1 tsp coconut oil

1/2 tsp raw honey

drop or two of vanilla or almond extract (or other favorite)

Just whip together all the ingredients. Yum!

This is awesome! I hadn't thought of anything like this, but I'm sure my dh would love it!;) Does your hubby know how lucky he is?

We really don't bother. Long ago we stopped going out to dinner on that day because the restaurants were crowded and the food wasn't great.

Now that we have kids we sort of celebrate "family love" if anything.

I make heart shaped waffles and a cake or cookies in heart shapes.

Sometimes I give dh a card, sometimes not. He usually gives me a card, and the children make cards.

As someone else said, the best gift I can give my husband is something that doesn't cost me anything. :cool:

He's not a terribly gift-oriented guy, and he'd actually be bummed out if I spent money on him for Valentine's day.