Menu

What can I do with eggs?

Petrichor

I have 50+ eggs in my fridge. One carton is at it's sell by date. The rest were accidentally broken, then left in a car overnight and froze. I'm assuming those need to be used right away. 

Will angelfood cake do well with previously frozen eggs?

We could eat french toast or omelets for the next week, but I fear the broken eggs especially might go bad by then.

Other ideas?

Can I freeze omelets or scrambled eggs in small batches for later?

You can freeze eggs and then use them.  I don't know about re-freezing them.  Are they unfrozen now?  If not, take off the shells and plop them into a ziploc bag to be used in recipes as needed.

Quiche is another good one - and it freezes well.

Sweet breads - like Zucchini or Banana bread also freeze well after baking

Frittata - i don't know if it freezes well, but it's just like a quiche without the crust.

Do you have a toddler?  Because in DS' German Learnables Basic Structures book, the mom is always giving eggs to the toddler, who then either drops them on the floor or throws them against the Windows.  Boeses Baby!  Probably not a practical idea, but if you get sick of eating eggs, it's an option. :)

Do you have a toddler?  Because in DS' German Learnables Basic Structures book, the mom is always giving eggs to the toddler, who then either drops them on the floor or throws them against the Windows.  Boeses Baby!  Probably not a practical idea, but if you get sick of eating eggs, it's an option. :)

LOL 

Nope, no toddler here :)

I would soft scramble .... (slightly undercook) and then use them for breakfast sandwiches you freeze.  You can do English muffins (we buy the high fiber ones), burritos, etc.  Can do simple egg & cheese or add in breakfast meat of choice.  I like to wrap ours in wax paper, and then put them all in a big ziploc freezer bag.

I think you can freeze egg whites, but i'm not sure if they'll whip up the same as non-frozen kind.   OK, the egg board says "yes" you can freeze eggs.  http://www.incredibleegg.org/egg-facts/eggcyclopedia/f/freezing-eggs

Eggs will last a long time in the fridge if not broken, about a month after the sell-by date. You don't need to hard boil them - in fact, hard boiling them actually will shorten the lifespan.

Eggs which were accidentally frozen can probably be stuck in the freezer as is and used anywhere you'd use a raw egg. I'd be concerned, though, if you're not sure when they were broken.