Menu

yet another yoga pants thread

Word Nerd

I found several to try on at JC Penney's recently. I was sort of surprised by seeing more than a single brand option for petite anything in workout clothes. None of them worked for me (not necessarily a bad on the yoga pants - pants never do right on me), but they weren't too expensive since everything at Penney's seems to be perpetually 40-60% off.

I got petite ones from Target. I don't remember if they were called "petite'. Maybe they were called "short". I got them in the part where they sell workout clothes at Target. Love them. They weren't that expensive. I had to order some from amazon and they're great also. I'm 5' 2" and all of them fit me just fine length-wise. 

My favorite are from The Children's Place. I get their 14s and the length is perfect. I think they are thicker than regular women's yoga pants so they are never see-through. I also have some adult ones from The Gap that fit well.  I've had my Children's Place and Gap ones for years and they still look nice. Old Navy has petite yoga pants too that aren't too expensive. 

The great thing about yoga pants is that they are made of knit fabric.  Knit fabric doesn't really have to be hemmed - it won't unravel.  I am short - I always have to hem pants.  

After walking a hole in the back of the hem of the legs of a pair of yoga pants (classy, I know) I realized I could just cut a couple inches off my yoga pants to make them the right length.  That's all.  The fabric rolls up and you can't see that there is a rough edge at the bottom.  Easy.  

But you want to wash your yoga pants a couple of times before cutting, so you don't accidentally give yourself a pair of high-waters.

Real petite pants are cut differently. I don't think I've ever tried on the Target short ones, but I assumed that I'd have the same issues with them that I have with regular pants because I thought they were just short. The inseams are usually different.

No, the Target Champion "Short" sizes are shorter in the rise as well.  They fit my mom, who's only 4'11'' beautifully, just below the waist, with no bags or gaps.  They're too long though.  I still have to hem them for her.  She loves them!