Menu

It's my birthday, I'm pregnant and...

my dh left this afternoon to go and help in New Orleans. He recently called to let me know that he was there. He was most amazed at the traffic getting out of town.

I don't know what he is going to be doing there or how long he is going to stay, but I really didn't want him to go.

I guess this is more of a whine than anything else.

In lieu of going out to eat with dh, I took the girls to Outback. And I still have to buy my own present.

/whine

Just jumping in with a little "I hear ya." Happy Birthday.:cheers2: Really. Today is my birthday as well. I am 6 days overdue with my third child. I feel slightly less sorry for myself, since my husband is safely out of harms way, but on the present buying front, he got me some wireless printer techie gadget thingee. I am NOT a techie, in any way, shape or form. So, buying my own present sounds pretty darn good to me right now. (I am actually up so late because I worked myself into a pretty good pity party and can't sleep for thinking nasty thoughts about my husband and every single wretched person who asked me when I'm going to have this baby even before wishing me a happy birthday. Like my mom. yep.)

sigh.

i hope you enjoyed your dinner and that you buy yourself a really really extravagantly gorgeous something for your birthday. :D

Just jumping in with a little "I hear ya." Happy Birthday.:cheers2: Really. Today is my birthday as well. I am 6 days overdue with my third child.

Happy Belated Birthday!

I hope you've had that baby by now. I know how hard it is to wait.

i hope you enjoyed your dinner and that you buy yourself a really really extravagantly gorgeous something for your birthday. :D

I bought a camera. I've been wanting a new one and dh would have gotten me one, but we hadn't taken the time to go and shop for one. It'll be here this week. :)

Thank you all! :grouphug:

I did end up having a good day. I spent most of it with my dh and family and the girls and I had fun at Outback. I purchased a new camera for myself online and it will be here this week.

Then, yesterday, dh came back home. He'll go back in a few days as people start returning to NO.

He's in the TX National Guard, but he went with his civilian government job. I have been joking with him about being activated for both jobs - which one would pull rank? LOL

He's a great guy and I'm glad he's willing to serve.

Happy belated birthday. I know it stinks to have dh gone, but please know that all of us in LA are so grateful for the help of others. Hurricanes are tough. Having people willing to help to get us back to normal is crucial.

Thank you for the reminder. My sister lost her house due to the flooding in Iowa. Watching her go through that was absolutely terrible. I feel for everyone in LA and TX who will have to deal with the aftermath of this hurricane.

(still waiting for Gustav to come and get me. Any minute now...)

Please keep us updated. Dh will be returning to help out in the next couple of days...

Susie, as usual, I thought of you on your birthday but never did get an e-mail sent.

It's ok. I seem to remember your birthday late, also. :)

The whole thing with the birthday present was that this year I actually asked for something and didn't want to buy it myself. Call me spoiled. ;)

But isn't next year the really big birthday?

Sure is. We've been celebrating birthdays together for a long time, haven't we? More than 20 years, I think. Man, that makes me feel old. :D

It's ok. I seem to remember your birthday late, also. :)

The whole thing with the birthday present was that this year I actually asked for something and didn't want to buy it myself. Call me spoiled. ;)

Sure is. We've been celebrating birthdays together for a long time, haven't we? More than 20 years, I think. Man, that makes me feel old. :D

Ah, yeah, I had to go buy my own iphone and almost couldn't bring myself to do it. And then when my birthday actually came around and I suggested dh get me a car charger for it so he could give me something on my birthday, he didn't. The kids and I went and bought it the next weekend while he was out of town.

And I don't want to think about how many years it's been....just remember, I'm 2 years older than you so I'm already really, really old.