Menu

Paging Dr. Hive, please

musicianmom

I've had persistent dull abdominal pain for over 48 hours. It feels like the beginning of menstrual cramps, but that's not it. There is occasional more concentrated pain on the left side of my abdomen, so ovulation pain was my first assumption, but I've never had it go on this long. Do I need to try and find a dr tomorrow? The pain is just enough to make me feel like I can't do anything, I almost got woozy while grocery shopping this morning.

Do you have a regular doctor you can call and ask? 

Unless you wake up tomorrow with significantly less pain, I think you should call if you have a doc or go in to a new doc/urgent care if you don't. ~50 hours of abdominal pain is concerning.  

Try to keep track on a scale. If the worse was 10, where are you now? Ask yourself again when you wake up. If it's more than 2 or 3, take action.

Okay, urinalysis and blood work were fine, so at least we've ruled out the things that would require immediate attention, like appendicitis or something. I declined an ultrasound until after holidays because even if it is an ovarian cyst (a likely suspect since I have PCOS), there's nothing to be done for it anyway.

And now that I wasted the morning in a Petri dish, of course the pain is mostly gone!

Update: pain still here. It keeps moving around different spots in my torso. Yesterday it was just under my rib cage, today it's back down in my left abdomen. I told a friend who's a nurse last night at church, and she immediately said gall bladder. So I'm going back to try and find a regular dr (not walk-in clinic) tomorrow to have that checked out.