Menu

Why do the holidays make people act nuts?

Mergath

It was definitely a nightgown that she wanted.  It happened in the pajama section of the girls' clothing area, and I heard her say nightgown a couple of times.

I would just buy the damn Frozen dress from the toy section and say, "Look, it's a nightgown and Rapunzel looks different because she found a new stylist."  Problem solved.  Of course, my daughter is getting a toy bow and arrow, Yugioh cards, and a robotic fish, among other equally nerdy gifts, so I may be out of the loop on this whole princess thing.

Mine are getting robotic fish too! And dd is getting robotic birds as well. She has always been my difficult to shop for child. Duct tape, rocks, portal-2 long jump socks, buttons, a real bow and arrow, and a lot of felt are among last year's presents. This year she asked for these silver hippo salt and pepper shakers :huh: that we saw in target. She'll probably put glitter in them. Weird child. She is also getting some stuff for her rats.

Merida from Brave was the only princess that dd ever really identified with, thus the bow and arrow.

Mine are getting robotic fish too! And dd is getting robotic birds as well. She has always been my difficult to shop for child. Duct tape, rocks, portal-2 long jump socks, buttons, a real bow and arrow, and a lot of felt are among last year's presents. This year she asked for these silver hippo salt and pepper shakers :huh: that we saw in target. She'll probably put glitter in them. Weird child. She is also getting some stuff for her rats.

Merida from Brave was the only princess that dd ever really identified with, thus the bow and arrow.

Totally off topic, but what are the rats getting? All I can ever think of is a new chew hut.

That's why my dd is obsessed with bows, too. :)  She already wore out her official Brave bow, so this year she's getting one of those Rebelle nerf bows.  The Merida dolls I bought her a year or so ago went totally untouched, of course, but the bow she used until all of the arrows were finally broken.

Because we are warped, we started inserting imagery about getting a Rapunzel nightgown for a 5yo with a psychotic mom into that obnoxious song about the Christmas shoes.

I can now live through being stuck somewhere having to listen to that song, although I'll probably start giggling maniacally.

I thought of this thread today while I was shopping at Target.

I had ordered online for in store pick up.  They couldn't find my order and it took forever.

While I was waiting, a woman started yelling.  She was irate.  Apparently she wanted some $200+ item from the jewelry department and didn't have any ID with her and so they wouldn't allow her to use the CC she had.  She was yelling that she wanted it anyway, etc......