Menu

Has anyone gotten the iPhone 6 plus? If so...

StaceyinLA

What do you think of the size? I have the 6, but am really thinking I want the plus. I am just not sure of pros/cons to that larger phone.

I want one...I think.  I can upgrade anytime and am considering getting it for Christmas for myself (I make my husband's life easy).  ;)

When you get OLD, you need the big screen to see.  I'm still looking at a 4, and it is hard to see. 

I have one and I love it. I thought the size would bother me but I wanted the big screen. My only recommendation is to get some sort of strong cover, because I find it too big I end up almost throwing it all the time when I carry it and its mostly too big to fit in my pocket.

I don't like the plus at all. It's freaking huge!  It's not much smaller than the iPad mini.  Ridiculous!  Remember when they worked on making phones smaller?  Yeah.  

I didn't plan on getting the 6, but I did, as we added Indy to our phone plan.  I was going to just get him a 5c like James Bond and I had, but it was only $2 more/mo for the 6, so I got the 6 and gave him my 5c.  That was a no brainer.  I like the 6 more than I thought I would.  It's bigger than the 5, but not so big that I feel like I'm holding a tablet to my face.  I could not believe how light it was.  The 6 plus is heavier, and not as easy to hold, IMO, unless you have big man hands (which I do not).   It really felt awkward to hold because I had to stretch my fingers so hard to hold it.

James Bond likes to watch movies on his phone, so he's thinking of getting the plus, but it's too big to fit into his pockets, except for his lower uniform pocket.  That's just silly.  

What makes you think you want the plus?

My husband LOVES his 6+...I actually haven't found it too hard to use the few times I have used it and I have tiny hands...but I am so LOVING my iPhone 6 and I was worried I would hate it because it was bigger but it actually isn't a problem.  I say if you want the plus to just go for it...most places give you 14 days to try it out with only a minimal restocking fee.

I played with both of them this weekend.  The Plus seemed huge to me.  I like to be able to type with one thumb if I need to, and that was just impossible on the Plus.  Deal breaker.  (Sometimes you just need your other hand free!)

The regular 6 was very pleasing.  Bigger screen, but not actually much wider.  It passed the typing test.  So light, so thin!  Such a vivid screen! I don't need a new phone, but I might want one...

What makes you think you want the plus?

I use my phone so much more for other things now that I have the 6, and I just think if I had the plus, I could probably eliminate my iPad.

Of course, I'm really attached to my iPad so there's that...

Decisions, decisions.

I played with both of them this weekend. The Plus seemed huge to me. I like to be able to type with one thumb if I need to, and that was just impossible on the Plus. Deal breaker. (Sometimes you just need your other hand free!)

The regular 6 was very pleasing. Bigger screen, but not actually much wider. It passed the typing test. So light, so thin! Such a vivid screen! I don't need a new phone, but I might want one...

I do love my 6. I was concerned about the typing with one hand; my hands are pretty small.

Maybe I'm just having phone size envy...

Nope, I won't buy Apple's phones for personal use. In my office, we've had such problems with them. They do poorly in areas of weak signal, have annoying audio issues, lots of dropped calls, etc. Apple released iOS 8.01, then 8.02, then 8.1 in very short order, because each version was trying to fix the screw ups from the previous version. Each time, Apple claimed it was the carrier at fault, even though their boards are full of the same complaints on Sprint, Verizon, etc. Each time they tacitly admitted their error with each sudden new fix or upgrade.

They are pretty to look at, but practically are very unreliable. I understand some people love them, so each to their own. I thought you might want full disclosure though lol. JME.