Menu

If a teen girl asks for running pants, what kind?

J-rap

My 18-year-old dd is asking for running pants for Christmas.  Of course I could ask her if she had an exact style in mind, but I'd like to surprise her if I could!  What DO young women wear for running pants these days?  She is just getting into running, so maybe doesn't even know herself what she wants.  We live in a cooler climate for most of the year.

If she's running, and wants running pants then I would search for those.  You want to get tights at the approprieate thickness.

Try this site.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-WRPANT.html

That page has the tights on it, if you scroll down. You will find a few different styles, but most are tight fitting.  You can search them by temp range.  The thin ones are good right now where I am, but I use the mid level tights most of the winter, until it's too cold, then I use my treadmill. :)  You can also put sweats over top of tights for more warmth.  

I prefer Champion men's running pants. Champion is my go to brand and men's pants have deeper pockets which are better for running. With current men's styles you get a pair in pink.

An unbreathable fitted fabric combined with the sweat and heat from running could easily result in a yeast infection, so beware of that.

Look into runners belts. You can find them at running shoe stores.

REI is pricey, but one conversation with an employee will lead you to the absolute perfect pair. You don't have to buy it there, just have a nice chat.