Menu

I have officially lost 10 pounds

Just thought I'd share.

Officially, my goal was to lose 16 pounds. When I lose the next 6, I'll see how I feel about the situation.

I would like to get close to what I was when I met my husband. I had been very toned and exercised regularly then. I'm one size away from that.

Congrats what program are you using if I may ask?

I joined www.sparkpeople.com in order to enter my food intake over a period of time to get an idea of how many calories various foods have. I used their calculators to determine how much energy in the form of calories I could take in so that I would be able to more carefulyl choose my foods. It has allowed me to see the true impact of eating high-fat cheese and mayo on a sandwich as opposed to mustard and no cheese. I have a low-fat cheese stick for snack instead. It has also helped me get my carbs under control and track my fiber intake. I also discovered that I am routinely low in iron, magnesium and zinc.

So, I love this program. I now have a good grasp on how to make wise food choices.

I also exercise at least 6 days a week. For me, it has been my recumbent bike for an hour a day, slowly increasing the intensity. Right now I'm riding for about 18 to 19 miles a day and burning an estimated 500 calories each time.

Dawn, by the looks of your blog, I can't see how you need to possibly lose any weight. You look so young too. I'm just being nosy here, but are all three of your children biological? You don't look old enough to be Aaron's mom. Anyway, sorry for being so nosy, maybe you've just aged well! :001_smile:

Phlox

Just thought I'd share.

Officially, my goal was to lose 16 pounds. When I lose the next 6, I'll see how I feel about the situation.

I would like to get close to what I was when I met my husband. I had been very toned and exercised regularly then. I'm one size away from that.

Congrats! By the way, I've been to your blog, and girl, you look like a teenager! Seriously...you look SO young!

Just thought I'd share.

You are very well on your way to your goal. I am sure you feel fantastic and that all of your boys are so proud of you. Good for you!!!!!!

I checked out your blog and it is lovely. Your scrapbooking is brilliant and the raingutter shelves your dh make are amazing. I think you could teach me a thing or two about how to get my dh to do his honey do list. As it would mean getting even more book I doubt that he would ever agree to building bookshelves.

I really appreciate the information you e-mailed me about the bike. I am seriously considering getting one.

I will look forward to seeing you on the daily workout post.

Keep Pedaling~~~

Thank you so much ladies. I am 36, and that picture was actually taken when I was 33. I am so horrible about having pictures of me! I have a more recent one, but it is a totally unflattering one. Oh, the one of me reading to the boys is more recent as well.

I am not Aaron's biological mom. I married his Dad when he was 8, the same year his bio. mom gave up custody and moved away. So, since I've been married, we've all lived together. Honestly, I don't give much thought to him being my stepson as we've never used those words. He was comfortable calling me mom from the start, and he's been a part of my life as long as John has. In fact, here's a pix of me with Aaron on our wedding day.

wedding.jpg

My bike is:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00621788000P

I love it! I also loved my treadmill, but when it died, we couldn't find another one small enough yet still a great quality to put in its place. Treadmills are just so bulky these days.

Thanks so much. That's actually the one I was looking at. :001_smile: I think I'm going to mention it to my husband when he gets home.