Menu

First Chapter Books for Girs

happyhappyjoyjoy

My DD read: Boxcar Children

My Naughty Little Sister series

Cobble Street Cousins

Sophie's Adventures (Dick King Smith - she reads a lot of his books still)

Enid Blyton (Secret Seven, The Five Find-Outers - there are other series but these are the ones she liked first)

Animal Ark Series

B is for Betsy (Carolyn Haywood)

Socks and Emily's Runaway Imagination and The Mouse and the Motorcycle (other Beverley Cleary) 

McBroom's Wonderful One-Acre Farm (there are more - she hasn't read them yet)

Five True Dog Stories (my daughter likes animals a lot)

Mrs Piggle-Wiggle series

Pioneer Cat

Roald Dahl (The Magic Finger is about the easiest to start with) 

Tornado

Tippy Lemmey

My DD adored all the Pixie Tricks series, read through the first book almost without stopping (which is SO rare for her) and since my library didn't have the rest I bought them immediately. :) I think they're out of print, but I bought them used in perfect condition for cheap, and she loved them all. So much fun!

http://www.amazon.com/Sprites-Secret-Pixie-Tricks-1/dp/0439172187

Princess Posey series is a nice beginner chapter book series for girls. My DS5 just gobbled them up. Little House on th Praire has a beginning chapter book series that my DS5 likes too. Both would be great as independent reads. Clementine series is a fun read too and would be great as a read aloud. I think Boxcar children is better read independently than as a read aloud IMHO. Keeker is a great beginner chapter series about a girl and her horse.