Menu

Phase 1 of braces worked!!

mamakelly

I'm doing a major happy dance today (so is my budget!) I took my daughter to the orthodontist yesterday and he said that she didn't need phase 2 of braces! We had to do phase 1, back when she was 7. She had a palatal expander and braces after we were done expanding to pull her front teeth back together. So far 3 of my 4 kids have need palatal expanders, (they all had non-symmetrical palates.) I thought we got lucky when my oldest son only needed phase 1. This is kid #2 who didn't need phase 2, yahoo!!!! Kid #3 needs major oral work, he was born with a cleft palate. But I'm so excited about Marlie not needing braces again. I was ready to write my down payment check, and didn't have to. :hurray:

Be sure she wears her retainer as ordered.  Ds1 got tired of wearing his after years of wearing it, and his bottom teeth are a wreck.  Front tops are reasonably ok, but no one sees those because of the way he rarely smiles.  (Serious kid.)

After I had braces, my top teeth would move in a matter of hours, so orthodontist finally put a wire on mine, as I was tired of being a slave to the retainer.