Menu

loving siblings

JustEm

Last night I heard my 5 year old reading Amelia Bedelia to my 4 year old while she tried to get to sleep. She was upset that she couldn't read it and I was unable to at the time so he offered too. This reminds me of when my brother who is 15 months older than me used to read chapter books to me.

It just warms my heart seeing them get along so well some times and showing their love for one another in their special ways. He also draws pictures for her all the time. She likes to give him her favorite stuffed animal when he's sad.

My dd2 was running too far ahead of us down the street and I was yelling for her to stop. Ds4 (who adores his little sis) ran after her and tackled her to the ground. He was afraid for her life, lol. It was sweet. Dd2 didn't think it was so sweet though!

It is nice when siblings show the love.  Once I left mine home alone to go grocery shopping.  I believe they were 12 and 10 at the time.  I was on my way home when ds calls.  They heard a strange noise upstairs like someone is in the house.  I asked what the dog was doing.  "Sleeping" . I told him there was no one in the house but I was a couple of blocks away and if they are scared they should exit the house.   They didn't.  I come inside and ds is holding my chefs knife and has his sister behind him looking up the stairs.    The noise was the construction on the house behind us. I left the upstairs windows open.  I told ds that I think it is wonderful he wanted to protect his sister but should this ever happen again they are to immediately exit the house, call 911,  and go to our neighbor, the police officer.

I agree. I love watching my children together (most of the time, lol).

My 5 year old *adores* his younger brother (unless he's trying to topple one of his castles, etc, lol). If I, goodness forbid, yell at the Toddler Monster for trying to fly off furniture, my 5 year old grabs him up in a hug and reprimands me (gently) for "being mean to HIS baby".

The just-turned-13 year old is just plain fantastic with her brother 99% of the time (the other 1% of the time is spent tormenting them).

I love to watch my children treat each other kindly. Kinda makes up for the times when they...don't :D

Yep. I hold the sweet moments close in my memory.

They, along with the memories of precious moments when they were pre-verbal, are what keep me from running screaming into the night or breaking out the duct tape!

Yes, we have many loving moments and a few not-so-loving ones.  :)

Just yesterday they started saying something about not being happy to have each other.  I said, "oh phooey, you both love each other."  So then one of them said, "no, I don't love her.  I like her, but I don't love her."  Could be worse, right?  ;)

I remember feeling very uncharitable toward my sister as a kid.  I hardly ever saw the good side of our relationship until we were grown up.  I think my kids are a little ahead of me on that.

I love this thread!!

My DS8 and DD4 are wonderful friends. One day I heard DS8 repeatedly correcting DD4, and after DD4 left the room for a minute I called him over and told him that he shouldn’t correct her so much because it gets obnoxious, and it isn’t fun to be friends with someone like that. DD4 walked back in as I was finishing up my words to him, and she walked over to him and put her arm around him and said very solemnly and quietly to him, “It’s ok [DS8], I will be your best friend and love you always even if you are obnoxious to me EVERY DAY.†:lol:

My middle Ds was 4.5 when baby brother was born and he was intent on learning to read so he could read to the baby. Took him less than a month to decode and read to baby.

I love the days the boys play games with Dd. Makes dd so happy