Menu

What's for dinner?

Spryte

Jamie Oliver rocks.  I haven't done that recipe, but DH uses a ton of Jamie Oliver's recipes and they are all good.

It was divine. I'll never roast a chicken another way again. I imagine it would be easy to change up the herbs, though. I might try it with thyme and orange zest.

Dinner was a co-operative venture here last night and will be again tonight. I've started my new (second) part-time job, and I work until 6:00 three days this week. Meanwhile, my son is home in the afternoons. So, we worked out a few meals he could either prep on his own or contribute to while I'm at work.

Last night we had our Indian-inspired "usual." I made some channa masala and a bowl of onion chutney and set up the rice cooker before I left for work. During the afternoon, my son made some curried potatoes and a batch of mint chutney and started the rice. So, when I got home, all I had to do was warm up the chickpeas and fry the papadam before we feasted.

Tonight is simpler, I think. I'm going to suggest baked potatoes with assorted toppings, sliced fruit and whatever else anyone feels like putting on the table. I can get the fruit and other toppings prepped and in the 'fridge and have the potatoes scrubbed and sitting in the oven before I leave. My son can then turn on the oven at the appropriate time and fix whatever else he wants to add to the meal.