Menu

Low to no sugar consumers, if you have an alcoholic beverage...

StaceyinLA

what do you have?

Going to a couples' dinner/Calcutta tonight (part of dh's weekend golf tournament), and I'd like to have an alcoholic beverage, but I don't want to overdo on sugar. Suggestions?

And please not suggestions that require mixing alcohol with any type of diet beverage. I can't deal with diet drinks. Blech.

Thanks!

I have always thought wine was pretty high in sugars. I might do that in the future - I have been avoiding it. Well, I have been avoiding alcohol period.

Anyway, tonight I wound up having (and I can't believe I consumed a diet soft drink) gin with sprite zero and lime. It was quite good. I do think in the future I'll bring my lime carbonated water and just try gin with that and some lime. I seem to like gin. I'm kinda shocked. I prefer it to both vodka and rum. I've never been much on whiskey in any way, shape or form. Tequila is doable, but only really in a margarita (dd does do a skinny with real agave tequila, fresh lime juice and a little honey or agave).

I'm not itching to drink regularly, but it'll be nice to have something every now and then.