Menu

I need to de-brief a little about today's heart tests

Tiramisu

The *good* news is that I had an episode of arrhythmia while getting the ekg. What's the chance of that happening? It felt like it could have been a PVC, and I've been feeling them more lately, but when I looked at the strip there was a wide area of no waves. I didn't think much about it at the time, but now I'm thinking about it and it doesn't seem normal. I felt the same thing happen during the echo. 

I've had tachycardia for about 14 years, I think. I've had the ekg, echo, holter monitor combo three times. They are always normal except for an unexplained high heart rate. And none of my doctors have wanted to treat it. I went in last week for a well-check and the doctor thought it would be a good idea to check it all out again since it's been five years since the last round.

My doctor will get the echo results next week and contact me. I wish I could forget about it until then. I guess if the nurse saw anything weird, she would have told the doctor, and if it were serious, he would have talked to me right?

I went in today, thinking everything is normal because I've been dealing with this for so long. I've been working out and feel healthier, so this was unexpected and now I feel a little out of sorts. 

I do have a cardiology appointment already scheduled for early next week because I was going to ask for a tilt-table test, so if anything comes up, I'll be in good hands.

Anyway, I'm just having a little pity party.

I think it's always scary when you're dealing with the heart. Hope you get some comfort when you meet with your doctor.  Seeing a cardiologist might give your more reassurance that you're ok, so I'm glad you have that set up! 

It's great that you've been working out and feeling better but I totally understand your 'out of sorts' feeling. 

:grouphug: 

I'm glad that your heart had that episode right during the test.  My heart was always like the washing machine that wouldn't act up for the repair man. . .   Hopefully this will give the cardiologist more data in order to help him with diagnosis and treatment.   :grouphug:

Thanks, Jean. I've always been the same way, as have been our cars.

Once I had a 30 day monitor, and I was supposed to use it to record any cardiac events and then call a number and replay the finding, so I could be told if it was something dangerous or not. Of course, not once during that 30 days did something happen when I could get the device and put it on my chest before the event was over.

I very much feel the timing was divine intervention. Now we'll know what it is and I won't have to worry about it unnecessarily. Or the timing could save my life. Who knows?

Hey. I had mitral valve repair 3 yrs. ago. This year at my check up I told my cardiologist about semi-stabbing chest pain in one very specific spot on my chest, up high, near the breast bone. I wasn't worried, just annoyed. He ordered a stress test. I had never had a stress test.

I'm fine. I understand. No, I am not having your same issue but I know how concerning/alarming it can be to have your heart acting up.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: