Menu

ISO a Specific Piece of Furniture

In my every changing house everything is slowly starting to come together. I managed to keep my 2 person sofas by shoving them into a corner to make a small "sitting area". That has opened up the rest of the living room for an area to read and a place to put the foosball/air hockey/pool table. But. I need a very very small shelf for drinks. No more than 4 inches wide. I would prefer it to be mounted to the wall. I do not want any floor based furniture. 

Anyone know of such a thing?

We built some three-sided, box-like shelves and lined the bottoms with cork before bracketing them to the wall above the downstairs couch.  I don't know if I'm describing them well enough, but we use them for drinks and the "box" part keeps drinks from getting knocked over onto the couch.   We never did find anything similar in stores, but we don't have an IKEA yet.

I love these. It looks like a stack of books floating on the wall. The bottom book gets 'consumed' in the process, but there's no reason why you can't put tile or piece of cork on top as a coaster surface. http://www.instructables.com/id/Invisible-Book-Shelf/

You may try looking at picture ledges too. They might be just right.

I love these. It looks like a stack of books floating on the wall. The bottom book gets 'consumed' in the process, but there's no reason why you can't put tile or piece of cork on top as a coaster surface. http://www.instructables.com/id/Invisible-Book-Shelf/

You may try looking at picture ledges too. They might be just right.

I think picture ledge is a good term to search. The IKEA picture ledge is called ribba.