Menu

Are there any healthy meal replacement drinks?

Joker

I need something for breakfast. I do not like to eat food in the mornings at all and so I will either completely skip breakfast or drink something.

Please don't say make my own because I am not consistent with it, especially since I'm usually needing it right after exercising.

Ok so this might be saying "make your own", but it's an idea at least. I make smoothie packs. Complete smoothies in bags, just need to put them in the blender. You can add in peanut or Sunbutter for protein.

If that's not what you are looking for, try the vegan or raw variety of protein drinks. They often are healthier and without the junk. But not always, so read labels.

Don't skip breakfast. Even if it's just full-fat yogurt, eat something. Lecture over ;)

I've honestly tried but I just can't make myself eat actual food in the mornings anymore. I lost my taste and smell a few years ago and what is left in its place is not fun at all. Most things taste bad so when I'm not super hungry (like in the mornings) I just cannot make myself eat. It makes me feel sick. I have found that I can drink the replacement drinks though and I feel better and I don't feel sick trying to get them down. The problem is they mostly seem to be total junk so I'm hoping to find something that is okay.

I definitely never eat yogurt unless someone is home to tell me it smells/tastes okay. I learned that one the hard way. :ack2:

I do make my own, but I either make them the night before and just shake it up in the morning OR I make a big batch of smoothies and freeze in 1 portion ziplock bags. Stick a bag in the fridge the night before (I set an alarm on my phone to remind me) and it's good to go in the morning.

In reading a lot about intermittent fasting, I don't think skipping breakfast is necessarily the nutritional/health evil that we were led to believe.

What about just drinking a glass of chocolate milk.  Make it organic, real sugar sweetened kind.  I've seen a couple of studies out there that show it's a great post-workout fuel…so I'm assuming it has benefit as a breakfast too.

I make my own shakes using carnation instant breakfast, ice cubes, a little milk and strawberries.  IF I buy frozen strawberries I skip the ice cubes.  For some reason I don't mind throwing the strawberries, milk & drink mix in a blender, but I can't stand having to wash and chop stuff for juicing.