Menu

Moving update! it's a yes

he got the offer and signed it, and we will be moving cross country in late late August!  They did not provide full relocation.  It is a sign on bonus (better for us tax wise so I can write off the move) and we will get it before we have to move.  He'll work remote until the bonus comes in.  The bonus will cover the moving truck/gas.  Rest is up to us.   But overall we are pleased with the situation....they had originally said no money toward moving.  Dh asked for more and they gave it.  The working remote is really a great answer to prayer about this. 

I have all summer here in the southern heat and humidity to remind me I really want to be in the PNW!  LOL

We are planning a moving truck and our van driving the whole way.  We are debating the car.  Having the car would open up more places to pick to live.  But we need the money from the sale for deposits and double rent in Sept.  

So Seattle Eastsiders....we will be there in Sept(I know, late to sign up for things...) and hope to meet many of you!!! My kids are so worried about not meeting other homeschoolers since they are 12 and 10 lol.  If we can get on a swim team late we will.  Otherwise I hope to keep them busy on field trips, snowboarding in winter, and lots of hiking/camping.  I even bought dd a long sleeve shirt today b/c we seriously have no winter clothes for the kids at the moment lol.  

If anyone near Bellevue doesn't mind giving me details of places I find online PM me.  Basically if I give you street intersections could you tell me if it's overall an ok place to be.  And if you see any rentals that look good let me know.  We are open to whatever we can get since we can't get out there beforehand. 

This will be an adventure :-)

he got the offer and signed it, and we will be moving cross country in late late August!  They did not provide full relocation.  It is a sign on bonus (better for us tax wise so I can write off the move) and we will get it before we have to move.  He'll work remote until the bonus comes in.  The bonus will cover the moving truck/gas.  Rest is up to us.   But overall we are pleased with the situation....they had originally said no money toward moving.  Dh asked for more and they gave it.  The working remote is really a great answer to prayer about this. 

I have all summer here in the southern heat and humidity to remind me I really want to be in the PNW!  LOL

We are planning a moving truck and our van driving the whole way.  We are debating the car.  Having the car would open up more places to pick to live.  But we need the money from the sale for deposits and double rent in Sept.  

So Seattle Eastsiders....we will be there in Sept(I know, late to sign up for things...) and hope to meet many of you!!! My kids are so worried about not meeting other homeschoolers since they are 12 and 10 lol.  If we can get on a swim team late we will.  Otherwise I hope to keep them busy on field trips, snowboarding in winter, and lots of hiking/camping.  I even bought dd a long sleeve shirt today b/c we seriously have no winter clothes for the kids at the moment lol.  

If anyone near Bellevue doesn't mind giving me details of places I find online PM me.  Basically if I give you street intersections could you tell me if it's overall an ok place to be.  And if you see any rentals that look good let me know.  We are open to whatever we can get since we can't get out there beforehand. 

This will be an adventure :-)

Congratulations on your move!  Just as an FYI, USA Swimming has search options you can use to locate teams, and even contact information...you may be able to find out quite a lot about them before you get there, make contact, and possibly plan house hunting around areas conveniently located for practice.

Congrats!! We moved in February of this year from Mississippi, and it was certainly a shock. I think we spent our entire first week here clothes shopping! 

I'm not terribly familiar with the Eastside, but I do know a nice little homeschool consignment store in Kirkland. http://hspbooks.com/ The owner is really nice and almost always has flyers and info about activities lying around.