Menu

Want to find kid's (rated G) movies with spanish audio

Ottakee

I am looking for kid's movies online in Spanish.  Someone said to check youtube but I found a few that looked OK but a few that popped up that were NOT OK.....and not rated G.

Any good links or search terms to use?

Are you looking for regular kids movies in Spanish or more just kids videos in Spanish for the kids to learn from?

My dd4 is learning Spanish and I stumbled across the fact that the Scholastic Storybook Classics videos (we get them at te library but some are available online) have a Spanish Play option with English subtitles. This has been wonderful, and since she has heard or read most of the stories in English, works quite well. All of the Magic School Bus episodes can also be played in Spanish, and YouTube has many Disney movies in Spanish, if you are okay with them watching.

For us, watching the Spanish version with English subtitles has been the most effective. If you google Spanish children's videos with English subtitles, AND vice versus, we usually have good luck.

Finding Nemo is really good in Spanish. Also, if you're a fan of Veggie Tales (Christian cartoons), there's a Spanish track available on some of the DVDs. My kids loved watching the Jonah movie in Spanish, as well as the silly songs video.

I am guessing most things on DVD offer a Spanish choice in the menu. Choose something that's familiar.

Thanks.   It is just so hard to know what is safe to watch on youtube and what isnt'.  I started one that looked like it was Disney songs in Spanish with English subtitles but the subtitles were of a very "adult" nature and NOT the original song.

I just asked my brother about this because I wanted to have some Spanish movies. A couple other films recommended to me were the last three Shrek films (the first one wasn't as good in translation), Finding Nemo, and the last two Toy Story movies, and Kung Fu Panda.

Apparently all those were pretty good translations.

Edit: My brother is fluent in Spanish as his second language and teaches high school level Spanish. Thought I'd better put his qualifications as a judge of translation!

We got several used ones inexpensively on eBay, in both Spanish and French.  We chose movies that were originally in English, but dubbed in the foreign language.  I thought it was especially helpful getting movies that my children had already seen in English, because it was easier for them to guess at word meanings and to just generally follow along.