Menu

this is weird...what would you do?

ProudGrandma

I am our church choir director.  We use simple 3 ring binders for our choir folders.  I usually buy the cheap walmart 1 inch binders that last maybe a year or so. 

So this summer, I decided to splurge and buy these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IENX/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I bought 25 of these.  When they came and all but 3 had this small spot on the spine where the plastic was broken or cut or something.  So I contacted Amazon and they just sent me a new box of binders....they all have the same defect.  It's not a big deal...but they are NEW and I guess I would expect the binder to be "new".  It would be one thing if it was just one or 2...but its nearly all of them.

IS this weird to anybody else...or just me? 

I am sending them back..and not asking for a replacement, but rather a refund...and I guess I will have to go elsewhere now.  Any thoughts on where I can buy similar binders for the same price?

They were probably all in the same shipment to Amazon and were damaged. Amazon sent a audio CD gift to my mom three times that were all broken right down the middle. They then said they were pulling that whole batch and I just asked for av refund because it had become so annoying.

I'm seriously impressed that Amazon posted this on their page that you linked:

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.