Menu

Bob Costas

Oh, I like him too. He is so comfortable and laid back, yet he's witty. Did you hear him when he quipped Michael Phelps, after his goggles malfunctioned, could even win gold with his eyes closed? I cracked up.

You know who I can't stand? The lady that critiques the divers. Oooooooh, she drives me crazy. I have to turn it off because of her.

Jo

Oh, I like him too. He is so comfortable and laid back, yet he's witty. Did you hear him when he quipped Michael Phelps, after his goggles malfunctioned, could even win gold with his eyes closed? I cracked up.

You know who I can't stand? The lady that critiques the divers. Oooooooh, she drives me crazy. I have to turn it off because of her.

Jo

yes I loved that! And I loved how he was joking with Shawn Young about not being able to touch the floor the first time she sat down with him to interview but then the second time she was touching the floor.

There are a couple of commentators/interviewrs I could do without, especially the one that interviewed the Girls Gymnastic team after they WON the SILVER and made the one girl cry. They're young girls for Petes sake it's over they WON SILVER! The girl couldn't go back and fix her mistake, jeesh! Ok I am done now. :001_huh:

Yeah, I like him too. I also like the lady that does the "out-and-abouts" different places, trying different things,a nd seeing the countryside. I think her voice is interesting, but I like how she reports things and does stuff. I think she also has a good sense of humor! I can't remember her name though....do ya'll know who I'm talking about?

Yeah, I like him too. I also like the lady that does the "out-and-abouts" different places, trying different things,a nd seeing the countryside. I think her voice is interesting, but I like how she reports things and does stuff. I think she also has a good sense of humor! I can't remember her name though....do ya'll know who I'm talking about?

Yes yes yes! She's great and of course I like Bela (Bella ?? sp)too :D

ETA: She seems so happy and thrilled to be there!

Yes, I think he's great, too. My brother is a sports writer for the Associated Press and a graduate of Syracuse Univ. My brother received the Bob Costas Award his senior year and got to have lunch with Costas. He said he was just as great in real life.

Although I agree about the hair!:tongue_smilie:

Yes, he likes doing the Olympics. I saw an interview with him once where he said even if he was offered more $ he wouldn't leave NBC because they have the things he likes to cover.

Agree about his hair!

Agree about the diving commentator! I turn the volume way down when diving is on.