Menu

Ack! I need SAT registration help. *update - registered*

I am so confused!!  When my dd took the PSAT we went to a local high school, signed a form, paid by check, and showed up on the test date.  I just tried to register her online for the SAT. The College Board site says we need a notarized school letterhead and form with photo.  Surely there is an easier way that is not so intrusive.  What is the easiest and best way to sign up? 

Eta:  Thank you all!  She is registered!

We have not needed anything like this for signing up. You need to upload a picture. Where does it ask for such a form???

I assume you may be looking at the ID requirement? You can do this much easier by bringing passport, driver license, or, if your student has neither, obtaining a non-driver state ID from your local DMV.

You must have an official picture ID for taking the SAT. Thank the cheaters. But I don't recall anything to be needed for simply signing up.

Yes, a driver's permit SHOULD BE completely acceptable for entrance into the test (unless for some reason it does not have a photo.) At least in our state, a driver's permit is a government-issued photo ID just like a driver's license is.  Both my dc used their driver's permits for ID and had no issues. (And before they had permits we went to the DMV and got them state-issued photo ID's--also completely acceptable.)

I would say that if you're still worried or confused by the College Board's instructions for online registration, just give them a call.  I've called them on a couple of occasions in the past--once a few years ago when they didn't have a Homeschool option on their list of high schools, and once to find out about AP coordinators in our area.  In both cases, they were VERY nice and VERY helpful.

Those without a license or permit may find it easiest to go ahead and get a state ID (looks like a license, no driving privileges). It took us 30 minutes and $21 each to get them. 

They need ID for more and more stuff, and everyone will accept a state ID.