Menu

selling a set of corelle dishes...how much?

ProudGrandma

I have a nice set of corelle dishes (setting of 8)..green ivy pattern http://www.walmart.com/ip/Corelle-Impressions-16-Piece-Dinnerware-Set-Callaway/17654358http://www.walmart.com/ip/Corelle-Impressions-16-Piece-Dinnerware-Set-Callaway/17654358

It comes with big plates, little plates, big bowls, little bowls, coffee cups and saucers,  a creamer and sugar bowl, a gravy pitcher, and 2 serving bowls.

what would you try to sell this for?

I would say maybe $20 on ebay, $10 at a yard sale.  We love Corelle-I have random sets bought on ebay and thrift stores.  All 70s and 80s patterns but they are cool to me!

And that's about what I paid--about $20 on ebay  for a set that wasn't even--like 6 or 8 dinner plates, 6 or 8 sandwich-sized plates, 5 bowls, 2 fruit bowls, maybe 6 teacups and saucers, no serving pieces.  ANd I paid $10 at a thrift shop for a huge stack of mismatched stuff--10 dinner plates, 6 sandwich plates, 5 bowls, something like that.

they all stack so nicely in my tiny cabinets :)

Betsy

I was looking this fall for bowls and plates to round out our cupboards. Didn't have to match or anything. Brand-new by the piece at Walmart or other local stores are ~$4–5. I found quite a few for $1 (sometimes during a mark-down day so 25% or 50% off) at the thrift store and was willing to pay that.

Erica in OR