Menu

Brag Alert! Peace Essay Contest state winner!!

StephanieZ

My brilliant daughter (the 17 year old Junior) was just notified that she is the state winner of the National Peace Essay contest, and in the running for the national awards to be judged in a few weeks!! She has won a $1000 college scholarship, and of course, a national award would be even more. I am so proud of her, and I wanted to give props to the PA Homeschoolers' AP English Language teacher, Maya Inspektor, for whom this was a class project. My daughter has worked so hard for this class, enjoyed it so much, and learned so much! I highly recommend her classes! Yay!!

My brilliant daughter (the 17 year old Junior) was just notified that she is the state winner of the National Peace Essay contest, and in the running for the national awards to be judged in a few weeks!! She has won a $1000 college scholarship, and of course, a national award would be even more. I am so proud of her, and I wanted to give props to the PA Homeschoolers' AP English Language teacher, Maya Inspektor, for whom this was a class project. My daughter has worked so hard for this class, enjoyed it so much, and learned so much! I highly recommend her classes! Yay!!

Congrats, and thanks for reaffirming my decision to enroll Ds in Maya Inspektor's class.  She isn't sure if she will be using the Peace Essay contest for next year though.

Congrats, and thanks for reaffirming my decision to enroll Ds in Maya Inspektor's class.  She isn't sure if she will be using the Peace Essay contest for next year though.

Oh, that is interesting! I know she's used the Peace Essay project for many years, so maybe she wants to try something new? In perusing the list of state winners, there were at least half a dozen winners (maybe 8-10?) from her class and another good handful of Honorable Mentions as well. Pretty impressive results from her class! They do such an amazing job teaching/coaching them on writing. Not only is Mrs. Inspektor a great teacher herself, but she has a team of TAs who are also very important and generous with their feedback. I have been astounded at the quality and quantity of feedback the class provides on writing. My daughter had some decent high school level writing work prior to this class, but the class had taken her to a whole 'nother level of writing. She has eagerly enrolled in Mrs. Inspektor's lit class for next year, her final year.