Menu

Best cardio workout for abs?

dancer67

Are you looking to build up muscle mass or reduce fat (adipose tissue) or both? You can build muscle in targeted areas, but you can't pick specific areas to reduce fat. To reduce fat, use a combination of healthy diet (probably reducing calories consumed) along with exercise (aerobic and strength training). To target muscles in the abdominal area (core) sit-ups, leg lifts, push-ups, planks are all wonderful and don't require any special equipment. I don't use youtube videos, but I know that there are lots of variety available.

Good luck! I have my own little "winter belly" that's developed over these long, cold months. I'll be running, playing tennis and eating more fruits and veggies to blast it away. If only the snow would stop coming and just melt away!

I have hip hop abs, but for some reason I cannot play them on my computer. I don't know why. And I am looking to lose weight overall, but the big issue is my belly. I really don't want to spend any money on videos. I have already changed my diet. I already do not eat sugar, but I slacked off on the carb intake. So back to low carbing.

I'm not sure exactly which workouts she has online right now, but check out Jessica Smith's YouTube channel. I wish I could post the link for you, but I'm on my iPad. She has a ton of free workout options and she's an excellent instructor. Her little dog, Peanut, is really cute, too! :)

If you can't find it (just Google Jessica Smith YouTube workouts,) let me know and I'll try to get on my regular computer later and post a link for you.

Cardio will burn fat and core exercises will strengthen and define your muscles. Fitness Blender on Youtube has both and they are free. I love the Fitness Blender workouts and there are many to choose from so you won't get bored. I used to subscribe to Oxygen Magazine (women's fitness mag, primarily focused on weight training) and one thing repeated over and over is the importance of eating. They recommend eating clean and eating six small meals a day.

Best of luck!